DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone signed up for whole house with the new 5 tuner HR34 and installers didn't have it. Has anyone refused installation? What happened?

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
tomallison24 said:
Has anyone signed up for whole house with the new 5 tuner HR34 and installers didn't have it. Has anyone refused installation? What happened?
How can you refused a HMC install when they don't have a HMC to install?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I think he means that he requested an HR34 when ordering through a csr and the installer didn't have one.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,058 Posts
You need to make sure your order is for the HMC. If it wasnt, then you got what you ordered. If you really ordered the HMC, then to refuse the install is fine. Are you in a currently rolled out HMC market?

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
CCarncross said:
You need to make sure your order is for the HMC. If it wasnt, then you got what you ordered. If you really ordered the HMC, then to refuse the install is fine. Are you in a currently rolled out HMC market?
I'll have to check out which are the rollout areas. I haven't got that far yet, I only started thinking about switching 3 or so days ago. I am in NE Ohio.

I have been told by 3 CSR's that I am getting the 5 tuner HR34. I know at least one should have been recorded by D*.

·
Legend
147 Posts
tomallison24 said:
I'll have to check out which are the rollout areas. I haven't got that far yet, I only started thinking about switching 3 or so days ago. I am in NE Ohio.

I have been told by 3 CSR's that I am getting the 5 tuner HR34. I know at least one should have been recorded by D*.
Best way to prevent this from happening again, is contact a Local Retailer.. They will give you the EXACT same price as D* Corp will, but you will eliminate all the hassles of "hoping" the installer has what the work order calls for..

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kcaudiofx said:
Best way to prevent this from happening again, is contact a Local Retailer.. They will give you the EXACT same price as D* Corp will, but you will eliminate all the hassles of "hoping" the installer has what the work order calls for..
I tried to use the same dealer that installed my Dish 2.5 years ago. He told me deals were the same except he couldn't do the referral $100/$100 discount so I called Directv direct.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CCarncross said:
Did a DBS and google search. I couldn't find the rollout areas. Will someone point out where to find the list?

·
Always Searching
1,938 Posts
tomallison24 said:
Did a DBS and google search. I couldn't find the rollout areas. Will someone point out where to find the list?
It looks like you're a current Dish subscriber. If you're a new customer to D* you can get an HR34 (no such thing as a "rollout area" in your case.)

·
Legend
147 Posts
tomallison24 said:
I tried to use the same dealer that installed my Dish 2.5 years ago. He told me deals were the same except he couldn't do the referral $100/$100 discount so I called Directv direct.
Not trying to hound you into going through a dealer, but I would open up the phone book and look for a local dealer besides the one you went through, because EVERY dealer CAN do the Refer-A-Friend. He is probably choosing NOT to since it costs all dealers $75.00 to do so. Yes, we try and stay away from doing it, BUT if a solid customer called me and brings that up, I am for sure not going to turn him/her down over a measly $75.00

·
DaBears
6,085 Posts
CCarncross said:
HMC went national on the 8th there is no such thing as a roll out market anymore.

If you order a Home Media Center they show up with an HR34 if you don't then they show up with a HD DVR. So the only people who have done this are people who didn't order it properly.

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to clarify, I have already signed up with Directv(last night). Install is 1/9. Thanks for your help, all.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
tomallison24 said:
Just to clarify, I have already signed up with Directv(last night). Install is 1/9. Thanks for your help, all.
What equipment is listed on the order sent to you?

·
AllStar
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Drucifer said:
What equipment is listed on the order sent to you?
1-HMC HDDVR
3-HD Receiver
1- slimline dish

·
7 Posts
I told the Direct CSR multiple times it had to be the HR34 or I would cancel. It was not my screw up. I was well aware that it was a new product and made sure I specified what I wanted. When the installer called and I asked what was on the truck, I made him go back to the warehouse and get the correct DVR.

The original order through a local installer was the same except that they were unable to get the HR34 after the sales person promised it, so I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
tomallison24 said:
1-HMC HDDVR
3-HD Receiver
1- slimline dish
Right now, and probably for the next couple of years, HMC means only a HR34 can be installed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.