· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From 0x114 Release Notes
Fixes
  • Stability
  • Audio/video 3-5 second off after trickplay
  • Sporadic DD audio drop outs
  • Recording reliability: auto record keyword, title, series-link, and manual recordings should all work as expected.
  • Trickplay reliability improvements
  • Black screen on playback of a recording
  • Sporadic "Do You want to Delete?" on playback of a recording
  • Reboot after software download equal to reset button

Anyone from Vegas taking odds. Them are some mighty big bugs that have been with us for a long time.

Mapping to the Catalog of HR20 Bugs.

Stability - Bug Name: Lockup AKA: Crash or freeze, remote not working
Audio/video 3-5 second off after trickplay - Bug Name: Out of sync Buffer Bug by jbstix
Sporadic DD audio drop outs - Bug Name: Audio Drop out by O2BRich edited by btmoore
Recording reliability: auto record keyword, title, series-link, and manual recordings should all work as expected. - Perhaps, Bug Name: Item deleted from ToDo list for no reason by islesfan
Black screen on playback of a recording- Bug Name: Unwatchable Bug or negitive number recording, Older names include BSOD and Black Screen, ...
Sporadic "Do You want to Delete?" on playback of a recording - Bug Name: IKD Bug, AKA Instant Keep or Delete bug, unplayable bug, no play bug

I hope they are right.

· DBSTalk Club Member
102 Posts
I have confidence

I have confidence

I have confidence

If I say it enough maybe they all will be fixed. Thankfully, at least we get to try it out before the general public (I don't consider folks in here the general public). We are a unique breed.

Santa, Elvis, who's next?

We shall see by this time tomorrow what is fixed and what is not. Tks for keeping track of the buggies.

Bill

· DBSTalk Club Member
23 Posts
As long as the odds are reasonable I will take them. D* has been very good about listening to this board and taking action about most issues. Call me naive, but I have faith that this will fix most of the problems listed! (Or maybe that's the rare optimistic side of me coming out.)

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tcmears said:
As long as the odds are reasonable I will take them. D* has been very good about listening to this board and taking action about most issues. Call me naive, but I have faith that this will fix most of the problems listed! (Or maybe that's the rare optimistic side of me coming out.)
Here is the track record on stability and a few other things in the release notes:

HR20 - 0xbe 09-01-06, 08:54 AM - Overall stability improvements
HR20 - 0xCC 09-16-06, 06:11 AM - Numerous Stability Fixes
HR20 - 0xD1 09-26-06, 08:52 PM - Improvements; General stability of the unit.
HR20 - 0xD8 10-03-06, 07:22 PM - Improvements; General stability of the unit.
HR20: 0xDC 10-10-06, 07:39 PM - Improvements; More stability fixes
HR20: 0xE3 10-19-06, 07:43 PM - Fixes; Variety of Miscelanious fixes (no specifics provided) & Improvements; Continued stability improvements
HR20: 0xEB 11-07-06, 07:47 PM - Fixes; Variety of Miscelanious fixes (no specifics provided) & Improvements; Continued stability improvements
HR20: 0xEF 11-13-06, 06:56 PM - Fixes; Additional Miscellaneous fixes (no specifics provided) & Improvements; Additional stability fixes
HR20: 0xF6 11-20-06, 07:15 AM - Fixes; Several stability issues
HR20: 0xFA 11-22-06, 06:46 AM - Fixes; Several stability issues
HR20: 0x104 12-05-06, 06:46 AM - Fixes; Additional stability fixes, Improved Reliability of Recordings
HR20: 0x108 12-13-06, 06:27 AM - Fixes; Additional stability fixes, Improved Reliability of Recordings
HR20: 0x10b 12-15-06, 05:10 PM - Fixes; Additional stability fixes, Improved Reliability of Recordings

The question is, do you consider past performance when betting? ;)

· Legend
107 Posts
You got to love the word "Stability"....would be nice to get a little explination... :)

If you think postive....then it will be positive!! :hurah:

· Icon
Dish Hopper 3, Dish Hopper Plus (sort of), Denon AVR-6500H HT receiver, Klipsch speaker system
730 Posts
Well since btmoore has failed to recognize my bug I posted about the HR20, maybe in here it'll get seen regarding the stupid dialog box that pops up when a connected computer gets turned off. Why would I care if the computer logs off if I'm watching live tv. DTV needs to provide an option to turn off network notifications. Earl, any word on this?

· Legend
216 Posts

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
We had our first serious glitch under 0x110 tonight - we had to do a RBR when all channels except the HD channels disappeared from the guide and nothing would play from the Playlist. That's the first glitch in almost 3 weeks. Nonetheless, I'm gonna force the upgrade in a few minutes.

· Icon
Dish Hopper 3, Dish Hopper Plus (sort of), Denon AVR-6500H HT receiver, Klipsch speaker system
730 Posts
LameLefty said:
We had our first serious glitch under 0x110 tonight - we had to do a RBR when all channels except the HD channels disappeared from the guide and nothing would play from the Playlist. That's the first glitch in almost 3 weeks. Nonetheless, I'm gonna force the upgrade in a few minutes.
Which release was this? One that was not offered as a release canidate?

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strejcek said:
Well since btmoore has failed to recognize my bug I posted about the HR20, maybe in here it'll get seen regarding the stupid dialog box that pops up when a connected computer gets turned off. Why would I care if the computer logs off if I'm watching live tv. DTV needs to provide an option to turn off network notifications. Earl, any word on this?
Sorry I missed it, lots of data to work through. I'll check back and see if I can find it.

· Godfather
349 Posts
Taking odds on what? That you will still be unhappy and that Wolfpack will still not own an HR-20?

:D

Hopefully those people who are having issues will find a few of their bugs squashed.

I got to play around with the new update for a little bit now, and everything was working as expected for me so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.