DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy this to put one of the access points next to my dlp hdtv and for my ps3 so I can hard wire them into the access point. Just trying to find out if anyone is using this netgear setup for there hd dvr for ethernet connection and how well does it work.

Thanks
Jon

11 Posts
jddeluca said:
I'm about to buy this to put one of the access points next to my dlp hdtv and for my ps3 so I can hard wire them into the access point. Just trying to find out if anyone is using this netgear setup for there hd dvr for ethernet connection and how well does it work.

Thanks
Jon
It works perfectly. I followed these instructions posted by a fellow member (I apologize for the plagiarism)

First, throw away the cd that comes with the game adaptor. Set your computers ip to 192.168.1.10. Leave subnet at 255.255.255.0 launch ie to 192.168.1.250. Type admin,admin. Setup the following:
Basic: Enable DHCP (Your router must also be in dhcp mode). Set your ssid,& security if you use it.
Advanced: turn off WISH and Game security.
Save setting at each change but don't reboot adaptor until you are done.
Finally, click on reboot. You will not be able to get back into adaptor now. (If you need to, reset and start over.)
Reset network to default on your hr21. Plug in adaptor and connect. If you still have problems, connect by wire to your router, reset hr21 to default network settings and click connect. You should not be connected. Unplug wired set up and plug back in your adaptor. DO NOT CLICK CONNECT AGAIN. Select On Demand and you should be set.

· Registered
5,451 Posts
You may want to take a look at the link in my signature on network help. Leaving the game adapter in clone mode is not a good idea. You want to be able to get to your equipment via the network. That is just good network management.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.