DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something hit me this morning.... with the gift of 0x108 for those of us that took advantage of it, do you think DIRECTV knows who we are? I read something here about a possible beta test made of people from here. I think those of us that took advantage of it would consider ourselves early adopters and would be willing to partake. Thoughts?

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
2,533 Posts
tfederov said:
Something hit me this morning.... with the gift of 0x108 for those of us that took advantage of it, do you think DIRECTV knows who we are? I read something here about a possible beta test made of people from here. I think those of us that took advantage of it would consider ourselves early adopters and would be willing to partake. Thoughts?
Always a chance of that. I think it's all baby steps toward something or other... It's all new to them as well as to us. I also think Earl's reputation as well as DBSTalk's had a lot to do with it. Also, the feedback from this Forum is incredible and it is second to none. Seems like the best stop here and there's more everyday. I almost hate to tell anyone of this place because I want it all to myself to make me look good when I talk to friends! ;)

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
tfederov said:
They don't know "who" you are as an individual... They don't have a method to track who downloaded what.

As for the later part........ did you read the warnings in the first post of the santa thread?

And yes... Santa is watching, along with his team of elves and other workers... I'm just the postman that delivered the "mail"

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I read it. It was something I was just thinking about this morning before my coffee. Personally, I'm very appreciative that they did that for us. It's one way to show loyalty back to the customer and in turn a way for us to keep our loyalty. DIRECTV saved me from the clutches of Pegasus and for that I am eternally grateful.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
They don't know "who" you are as an individual... They don't have a method to track who downloaded what.

As for the later part........ did you read the warnings in the first post of the santa thread?

And yes... Santa is watching, along with his team of elves and other workers... I'm just the postman that delivered the "mail"
I don't know about anyone else, but this continues to be the most encourgaing thing about this place and D*'s people.

The biggest problem with large corporations is that it's hard to know if your complains/ideas/suggestions are being heard.

We can't say we're not being heard, and in this day and age, that IS a great deal.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
The "Do Not Call D*" warning
Yes... pretty much the "santa" gift, was not to get the release early...

But to give you an opportunity to have access to a Release Candidate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.