DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all... just curious. 6.3a installed weeks ago so thats not it. It has never just shut off and rebooted on me before. I was watching a recorded program (CSI Miami) and about halfway through....WTF, the screen is black. Few minutes later got the grey welcom screen.:eek2: Hopefully its not dying, its only a year old.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
No. But during the nearly three years that I've had my HR10-250 it has "spontaneously rebooted" a few times. I think it's just one of those things.

If it starts happening often, then consider upgrading/replacing your hard drive.

·
Legend
147 Posts
My HD Tivo rebooted last night also! We were watching "The Nine" with about 10 minutes to go in the recording and the show paused for a few seconds and then it restarted. This was about at 10pm central time.

·
4 Posts
crendall said:
My HD Tivo rebooted last night also! We were watching "The Nine" with about 10 minutes to go in the recording and the show paused for a few seconds and then it restarted. This was about at 10pm central time.
This has been happening to me on and off for 2 years with my tivo, and only during HD programming. If I recall it is also usually on NBC4 or ABC7 in Southern California. Only a few of the good CBS shows are in HD so I probably don't record enough.

It happened on Monday during Heros on NBC4. Crashed 17 minutes in, and recorded black space for 20 minutes.

svirf

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
My HR10-250 had a black screen the other day when I turned on the television, I thought someone changed input and but finally figured it out and unplugged the receiver. Then an hour later watching a recorded program it did a reboot by itself. I am now geting audio dropouts for approx 10 seconds on my OTA HD channels. Its happened during the NLSC last night on Fox HD and then a recorded program from a few days earlier had it from an OTA HD recording on a different network. This is all after my software upgrade...... now heres a conspiracy theory for you, is this only happening on "non-leased" receivers?! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.