DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UConn football starts this thursday and they also air UConn Basketball games and Smackdown will be starting soon. i know the agreement with LIN was for WTNH and WCTX so I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there was any word of when this station would be added? Even if the games are not in HD they would look a million times better because the quality right now on the channel is just not good at all.

1,481 Posts
venisenvy said:
UConn football starts this thursday and they also air UConn Basketball games and Smackdown will be starting soon. i know the agreement with LIN was for WTNH and WCTX so I was wondering if anyone had any idea if there was any word of when this station would be added? Even if the games are not in HD they would look a million times better because the quality right now on the channel is just not good at all.
I haven't heard anything since WTNH when up. At that time they said there were no plans to add WCTX. Where are you located? Can you pick it up ota?

· Legend
193 Posts
venisenvy said:
They seem to also have antenna issues. I have two long range antennas in the attic, and get every other CT station with 75%-100% signal strength. But I can't lock in on 20 at all. I get their analog station with perfect clarity. 3 and 30 are actually further from me than 20, and I get those.

And I think there is actually two good reasons to go antenna with the locals vs. via sat. For one, storms. They are definitely happening enough lately that I've setup to DVR my network shows with the antenna instead of the sat. And it may be just me, but I think the picture quality is a noticeably better. I watched some of the Olympics on 4 and some on 30. And I just thought they looked better on 30 with 87% signal strength.

The reason I put up the antennas in the first place is because I get NY locals from Directv. But I prefer CT news since I live in CT.

1,481 Posts
ChrisMinCT said:
They seem to also have antenna issues. I have two long range antennas in the attic, and get every other CT station with 75%-100% signal strength. But I can't lock in on 20 at all. I get their analog station with perfect clarity. 3 and 30 are actually further from me than 20, and I get those.

And I think there is actually two good reasons to go antenna with the locals vs. via sat. For one, storms. They are definitely happening enough lately that I've setup to DVR my network shows with the antenna instead of the sat. And it may be just me, but I think the picture quality is a noticeably better. I watched some of the Olympics on 4 and some on 30. And I just thought they looked better on 30 with 87% signal strength.

The reason I put up the antennas in the first place is because I get NY locals from Directv. But I prefer CT news since I live in CT.
WTXX, channel 20, is lower on the tower than the other stations. IIRC, they aren't at full power, either. There is more information about it on www.avsforum.com

· Hall Of Fame
1,167 Posts
raoul5788 said:
WTXX, channel 20, is lower on the tower than the other stations. IIRC, they aren't at full power, either. There is more information about it on www.avsforum.com
Plus, WTXX digital broadcasts from Farmington with WVIT and WTIC. Only their analog signal continues to broadcast from Waterbury. You're right, WTXX isn't at full power yet because their digital assignment is channel 12 and they have to protect WPRI in Providence. Not sure why we're talking about channel 20 anyway, as the OP was referring to WCTX channel 59, which I have never been able to pick up in digital.

· Legend
193 Posts
ansky said:
Plus, WTXX digital broadcasts from Farmington with WVIT and WTIC. Only their analog signal continues to broadcast from Waterbury. You're right, WTXX isn't at full power yet because their digital assignment is channel 12 and they have to protect WPRI in Providence. Not sure why we're talking about channel 20 anyway, as the OP was referring to WCTX channel 59, which I have never been able to pick up in digital.
Oops, sorry, too many TXs. 59 is definitely there. I get it at 100% along with 8 from New Haven.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.