DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a few threads that DTV was getting rid of Apex as their installers in Chicago Nov 1st. Now that we have arrived at this date does anyone have any info on who the new company is? My 11/3 install was scrubbed on 10/21 and no further info from DTV on it.
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,090 Posts
I think it is more the other way around...

Apex was getting Rid of DirecTV as their "install" source.
But regardless... I have not heard who/what firm is replacing them in the Chicago Area.

I would call DirecTV later this afternoon... and try to get some more details.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
I think it is more the other way around...

Apex was getting Rid of DirecTV as their "install" source.
But regardless... I have not heard who/what firm is replacing them in the Chicago Area.

I would call DirecTV later this afternoon... and try to get some more details.
That's my plan, I will update this post with my results later today.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked with both Apex and DTV. Apex is doing DTV installs till sometime in December according to the Apex person I spoke to. DTV install rep had no clue, but I did get a 11/10 install date, not holding my breath though.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
I am in the same boat and would appreciate any phone number and names of who you talked to and what you said to get your install.

I live outside Lake Zurich and am hopeful Apex does the installs up in my area.

THanks
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
394 Posts
Okay. My brother-in-law just got hired by Apex, or should I say the new company. I asked him the name of the new company, but I forgot. Sorry.

But I do remember that he said it was a company out of florida. He said that they have been around for about a year and were very aggressive in buying some of the other installers....

He is in training right now learning the ropes.

When he comes home this weekend I will ask the name, unless someone else can think of this FL company.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bonus20 said:
I am in the same boat and would appreciate any phone number and names of who you talked to and what you said to get your install.

I live outside Lake Zurich and am hopeful Apex does the installs up in my area.

THanks
Sent the info via PM, but will expound here a little more. I just called the install number for DTV and after about 4 4-5 minute holds the rep came back with a Nov 10th install. I asked if it was a real install or just another date and she said it's the first available install date and that they should have the equipment.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
ttiger72 said:
Sent the info via PM, but will expound here a little more. I just called the install number for DTV and after about 4 4-5 minute holds the rep came back with a Nov 10th install. I asked if it was a real install or just another date and she said it's the first available install date and that they should have the equipment.
i called D* and Apex in a 3 way call.

Apex stated they have the equipment but are booked and therefore cannot schedule me. I was told to call back next week to see where they are at, but she she stated they are booked with all installs for a month.

I stated that anyone who ordered after me should get bumped and I should get installed. I even offered her lunch. :)

So i'm SOL for now, will just keep calling apex and hopefully something will work out. :mad:
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bonus20 said:
i called D* and Apex in a 3 way call.

Apex stated they have the equipment but are booked and therefore cannot schedule me. I was told to call back next week to see where they are at, but she she stated they are booked with all installs for a month.

I stated that anyone who ordered after me should get bumped and I should get installed. I even offered her lunch. :)

So i'm SOL for now, will just keep calling apex and hopefully something will work out. :mad:
Funny Apex is "booked" all month and they are just by happenstance ending the DTV relationship in about a month. Hmmmmmm
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
394 Posts
DirectSat is the name of the new company and they are projecting to take over on 11/19. This is per my bro-in-law who is in training with them right now.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
ttiger72 said:
So, got an autocall from DTV tonight saying that they have HD DVRs in stock and to call in to schedule my install. Anyone else get this call?
Ttiger -

I did not get one. what number did they call give you for a call back?

I'm thinking of calling and playing dumb and saying I got a call also.

BTW, where do you live? Maybe it is because of where we live? I live in Lake Zurich / Hawthorn Woods in Lake County.

Thanks
Chris
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
11 Posts
My HR20 install was scheduled yesterday (Thursday) between 8:00 and 12:00. No show all morning so I called Apex at 12:00 and they said the installer was behind schedule and would be here in the afternoon. At 2:45 the installer arrived with the equipment and was finished at 4:30. Nice installation and so far everything works okay.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
laurier said:
My HR20 install was scheduled yesterday (Thursday) between 8:00 and 12:00. No show all morning so I called Apex at 12:00 and they said the installer was behind schedule and would be here in the afternoon. At 2:45 the installer arrived with the equipment and was finished at 4:30. Nice installation and so far everything works okay.
When did you order your HR20 and were you ever cancelled? I originally ordered on 9/29, originally scheduled for a 10/27 install - which was cancelled. Now I am still in limbo and cannot get a schedule date with Apex.

Also, where are you located?

Thanks
bonus20
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
11 Posts
bonus20 said:
When did you order your HR20 and were you ever cancelled? I originally ordered on 9/29, originally scheduled for a 10/27 install - which was cancelled. Now I am still in limbo and cannot get a schedule date with Apex.

Also, where are you located?

Thanks
bonus20
I ordered on 10/9 and originally had a 10/27 installation date but I had to reschedule. On the D* web site it said the 10/27 was cancelled but I had the job no. and called Apex directly to set it up. I'm in Woodridge and the Apex office is in Sugar Grove.
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
laurier said:
I ordered on 10/9 and originally had a 10/27 installation date but I had to reschedule. On the D* web site it said the 10/27 was cancelled but I had the job no. and called Apex directly to set it up. I'm in Woodridge and the Apex office is in Sugar Grove.
I guess i will call apex again and plead with them. This was my argument with them and D* yesterday that people like me who ordered before someone like you should be given priority. they said they are and I did not believe it. Ugh.

Hope you are enjoying the HD. I hope to have HD in time to see the Bears pummel the Giants :)
 

· Cool Member
Joined
·
14 Posts
Just called D* and actually got a 11/29 install. Wish it was earlier so I can watch the beloved Bears over the next few weeks.

Man are they screwed up over there.

I will be calling Apex today to see if I can get it moved up.

Any suggestions that may get that to happen????
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
ttiger72 said:
I read in a few threads that DTV was getting rid of Apex as their installers in Chicago Nov 1st. Now that we have arrived at this date does anyone have any info on who the new company is? My 11/3 install was scrubbed on 10/21 and no further info from DTV on it.
You can only hope.
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, my install date has arrived and called DTV at 1:30p and was given an ETA of 4pm. At 5pm I was given an ETA of 6pm. It's raining and pitch dark.....do not have a good feeling about this at all. Hope I won't get canceled or get a crappy install :(
 

· You make it, We break it
Joined
·
4,480 Posts
bonus20 said:
Just called D* and actually got a 11/29 install. Wish it was earlier so I can watch the beloved Bears over the next few weeks.

Man are they screwed up over there.

I will be calling Apex today to see if I can get it moved up.

Any suggestions that may get that to happen????
That's what you get for being a Bears fan. Go Giants! :D
Just kidding. Your story is among many. I wonder if we shouldn't all get together in this forum to create a new nationwide independent install company offering things like "service", "support", "credibility" and all those other catch-words that seem to escape other companies. Seriously, with all the knowledge here, it would be easy to train people and go to D* with a company ready to go out of the box. Of course, the pay....
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top