DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word is that Apple will introducing its first TV sets as early as 2013.
One analyst on Bloomberg this afternoon said that TV buyers could put off buying new sets with Apple's maiden product on the horizon, and that it's not out of the question for them to capture 10% of the market share in the first year. :eek2:

So, beyond full integration with their other products, what do you think they will wow us with?

· Hall Of Fame
1,891 Posts
I read an article yesterday that proposes that Microsoft start selling XBOX hardware and software toTV manufacturers to put in TVs. I think we'll see many more 'app' and 'online' functions in TVs. I think we'll also see Kinect type features used for whole house automation along with SIRI type voice control. How much will Apple put into a TV and for what price? Only the future knows.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I don't know, if they do come up with something like this, a quadHD screen with AppleTV functionality, it will be gorgeous but I won't be able to afford it.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
dpeters11 said:
I'm starting to get the impression that when I replace my TV, finding a 2D set with a great picture and no Internet functionality will be hard. I don't need all that, I have a DirecTV DVR and a Roku.
It might even be impossible! But if there are still such sets, they likely won't be cheaper than those that have that, given quality for quality, size, etc.

· Hall Of Fame
8,882 Posts
It will probably be a killer TV but we don't replace a TV as often as phones or tablets or computers. It won't be just an Apple TV put in the TV but I still like the separate units at this point.

It will be interesting how it shapes / re-shapes the TV market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.