DBSTalk Forum banner

Apps unavailable and weather radar gone

1535 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  itzme
Directv seems to be training me not to go to the apps. Lately 3 of 4 attempts lead to long waits that lead to Service Unavailible. Ive tried reboots, but that doesnt help. Today I heard thunder and tried to bring up the weather radar, my favorite app, and it's no longer there or in the App Store. Why was the most useful app removed? Earl, my friend, what gives?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
itzme said:
Directv seems to be training me not to go to the apps. Lately 3 of 4 attempts lead to long waits that lead to Service Unavailible. Ive tried reboots, but that doesnt help. Today I heard thunder and tried to bring up the weather radar, my favorite app, and it's no longer there or in the App Store. Why was the most useful app removed? Earl, my friend, what gives?
The author has removed the apps. D* is doing something with the Apps that no one really knows (or can say).

It appeared to me (but I could have misread things) that the author was none too happy with what D* has been doing or has done with the Apps and he just called it quits.

Who knows what's to come, but the author seemed piqued enough not to return even if the Apps section is somehow upgraded.

In other words, don't hold your breath.:)
hasan said:
The author has removed the apps. D* is doing something with the Apps that no one really knows (or can say).

It appeared to me (but I could have misread things) that the author was none too happy with what D* has been doing or has done with the Apps and he just called it quits.

Who knows what's to come, but the author seemed piqued enough not to return even if the Apps section is somehow upgraded.

In other words, don't hold your breath.:)
What a shame , they were the best apps on the site .
I hope another app developer can maybe offer us another radar app. Who was that, Huskie? Is he still around?

I also hope Directv can make apps more reliable.
itzme said:
I hope another app developer can maybe offer us another radar app. Who was that, Huskie? Is he still around?

I also hope Directv can make apps more reliable.
We had a radar app?:confused:
Mods- feel free to remove or merge this thread. I just found this one on the same topic.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.