DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am awaiting delivery of a new tv. Should be delivered any day. As soon as it arrives, I am going to call DirecTV and order a HD receiver, dish, installation, etc.

In a couple of months, I am going to buy another TV. At that time, I want to add the HD/DVR receiver. I believe these two receivers only require the four runs of cable that a dish supports without a splitter (terminology may be wrong). Four runs of cable will be in place before installer shows up.

MY QUESTION: When I order the second reciever (HD/DVR), will DirecTV simply ship it to me or, for some reason, will an installer need to do something? (Remeber, my wires are already run)

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
DTV typically does send an installer for additional receivers. Really it's not that bad. When the install comes out your also get some cabling and such included. If you really want to do it yourself, check out your local Walmart or CC/BB and purchase your receiver there. Bring it home and install on your own.

·
Godfather
425 Posts
No it's not. Just make sure the installer connects all 4 of your cables when he does the intial install. Then when you get the 2nd receiver, plug it in and call D* to activate it. They'll ask you for a bunch of information (access card #, receiver make/model, etc). and within a couple of minutes, it's up and running.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.