DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
"celticpride" said:
I see but you would think during a ""live"" football game that the audio would be in dolby digital 5.1 to enjoy the full HD experience, how could the NFL be so dumb not to do this?:eek2:
It is...for live regular season games.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
I just clicked on the MLB and it was not in DD 5.1 today.
The NFL channel is DD 5.1 today.
I would have bet they both were. Good thing I checked before typing.

·
Superfly
4,567 Posts
celticpride, the audio format for all HD broadcasts is Dolby Digital. The HD feeds for the MLB and NFL Networks are in Dolby Digital on DirecTV but then again, they have to be. Dolby Digital is the standard.

My question would be, why don't you get these in Dolby Digital with Verizon?

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Carl
I have 84 channels in my favorites and they are all HD. I just scanned thru all of them and looked at the readout on my Yamaha receiver.
9 of the channels say Pro Logic and the rest say Dolby Digital.
Are the Pro Logic channels that I am seeing Dolby Digital 2.0 ?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
Carl Spock said:
celticpride, the audio format for all HD broadcasts is Dolby Digital. The HD feeds for the MLB and NFL Networks are in Dolby Digital on DirecTV but then again, they have to be. Dolby Digital is the standard.

My question would be, why don't you get these in Dolby Digital with Verizon?
That's not the point. Though not clearly stated, he is asking specifically about DD 5.1 (rather than DD 2.0)...which is not mandated for HD broadcasts.

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
jimmie57 said:
Carl
I have 84 channels in my favorites and they are all HD. I just scanned thru all of them and looked at the readout on my Yamaha receiver.
Thanks
The channels that appear as "Pro Logic" are 2.0 and being matrixed by your receiver to faux surround sound.

·
Hall Of Fame
12,971 Posts
"jimmie57" said:
Carl
Thanks
Are they saying pro logic or is it decoding them using pro logic. If I set my receiver to decide, it will say pro logic decode for 2.0 but if I put the audio info on the screen it will say DD 2.0 for the HD channels not in 5.1. I think that is in straight mode (from memory here).

·
Icon
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all i know is i was changing channels when i came across mlb hd and nfl channels the volume dropped much lower, when i got to nhl and nba channel the volume went up and my onkyo 809 av receiver showed DOLBY D. On the mlb and nfl channel my onkyo had thx cinema and the volume was lower i do have my onkyo set up for dolby digital so i thought maybe mlb and nfl were not using dolby for some reason or other.I thought i would check with you guys because you were always helpful with information when i was with directv in the past! I feel a lot more comfortable and welcome here then the verizon forum and hope to return to D*no later than next year,unless i can talk my wife into coming back this year! I appreciate your remarks and suggestions.:hurah:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.