DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Icon
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Call me late but I finally bought myself the BR Matrix box set consisting of the three movies, the anima movie and the obligatory special features disk. Upon starting the first movie I immediately noticed no menu, just the copyright warning then straight to the feature.

Years ago I thought Walmart screwed with movies to lower cost. I only paid $32.99. At BB it was a few dollars more.

Is what I described the norm for box sets or was my movies Walmartized?

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I have seen Wal-Mart versions of movies that don't have special features. It makes sense.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
Was it BluRay or DVD? I've noticed many Warner Bros BluRays go directly to the main feature.

Oh wait, you did say "BR" which means BluRay. I just pulled out my Matrix BluRay book as well as the Matrix BluRay set. Both go directly to the movie, which seems to be the standard for Warner Bros. releases.

And, yes, you can laugh at me for having multiple versions of the same movie series. I got the original Matrix when first released in the "snapper" case, then the UltiMatrix DVD set, then the Matrix BluRay book, then the UltiMatrix in BluRay. There are differences between the original DVD release, the Ultimatrix DVD set, and the BluRay set. There is, however, no difference in disc contents between the Matrix BluRay book and the Matrix BluRay set.

·
Premium Member
11,443 Posts
Mark Holtz said:
Was it BluRay or DVD? I've noticed many Warner Bros BluRays go directly to the main feature.

Oh wait, you did say "BR" which means BluRay. I just pulled out my Matrix BluRay book as well as the Matrix BluRay set. Both go directly to the movie, which seems to be the standard for Warner Bros. releases.

And, yes, you can laugh at me for having multiple versions of the same movie series. I got the original Matrix when first released in the "snapper" case, then the UltiMatrix DVD set, then the Matrix BluRay book, then the UltiMatrix in BluRay. There are differences between the original DVD release, the Ultimatrix DVD set, and the BluRay set. There is, however, no difference in disc contents between the Matrix BluRay book and the Matrix BluRay set.
Not laughing. I have multiple versions of Ben Hur.

·
New Texan
11,465 Posts
"MysteryMan" said:
Not laughing. I have multiple versions of Ben Hur.
Same here. Along with Toy Story, Sound of Music, and a few others. This is not just a BluRay upgrade, but multiple releases where non-movie buffs look at you strangely and ask "Why?" Reminds me of the joke from Men In Black where one of the characters comment about having to get the White album again.

·
Godfather
522 Posts
markfp said:
Personally, I always wished DVDs went right the film instead of the menu. I one wants the menue then it should just be a push of a button.
That's one of the reasons I make a backup copy (for person use) of many/most DVDs that I purchase. I make my backup copy go straight to the program material, and I definitrely skip the advertisments and non-skipable content.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.