DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I must be losing it...could have sworn they said that on Monday morning, all the shortcuts were automatically downloaded to the DVR in one of the ads I saw.

·
UNIX
2,385 Posts
All the "Short Cuts" - games distilled down to 30 minutes, are available on channels 731 and 732 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Yes, works great on the HR20. To set up a 'Series Link' for your favorite team, use the Guide to go to the "Short Cut" game you want and do your normal 'record' Series Link procedure. You really are forced to record these "Short Cuts" because they are on at all weird hours of the night. Pay attention: you can only set up these Series Links on Monday or Tuesday, when the shows appear in the Guide. The recorded short cuts will show up in MY-VOD along with your other recorded shows.

A totally different beast is the game "Showcases". These are provided for all Sunday CBS/FOX games and are automatically downloaded to your "Showcases" folder, another tab along side MY-VOD. Each game here is covered in perhaps 5 minutes - only the key plays are shown. These showcases self-delete later in the week.

The "Showcase" feature is not yet turned on for the new HR20, hence these quicky games are not downloaded to the HR20. If you have second DVR, such as the R15, the showcases will all be there, on the R15. The "Showcase" feature will be turned on for the HR20 in the near future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.