DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, any news or anyone know anything? Dish has had it for quite awhile now and this would be one channel I would LOVE to get in HD.

Now that planet green launched, it is one of the only discovery network HD channels we dont have...would rather have it than MTVHD or VH1HD or any of the other "HD" stations that play SD content all day long anyways as well!

· Godfather
423 Posts
I can answer that with a definitive maybe.

Would be really nice if D* would tell us what other channels they plan to convert to HD before the end of the year. We've heard alot about PPV "placeholders" but absolutely nothing else definitive.

· Hall Of Fame
1,237 Posts
Grentz said:
Just curious, any news or anyone know anything? Dish has had it for quite awhile now and this would be one channel I would LOVE to get in HD.

Now that planet green launched, it is one of the only discovery network HD channels we dont have...would rather have it than MTVHD or VH1HD or any of the other "HD" stations that play SD content all day long anyways as well!
When D* decides this is a compelling channel we will get it.

· Registered
4,296 Posts
Grentz said:

No

· Hall Of Fame
1,438 Posts
mx6bfast said:
When D* decides this is a compelling channel we will get it.
I don't think that is it. It probably has more to do with contracts. My guess is that we will see such channels in Sept, the month named in the original press release. Until then we have a bunch of "place holder" PPV channels for the sake of upping the HD channel count claims against competitors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.