DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Icon
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I logged into DirecTV last night after getting my HR20 installed this past Monday. My latest activity shows that I'm being charged $3.82 for a "Leased Receiver". This wasn't mentioned when I placed my order and I don't recall seeing anyone else mention it on this forum. I know that this is a leased receiver but I guess that I didn't expect to pay a monthly fee.

Is everyone else being charged for this?

·
AllStar
84 Posts
Same here, $3.82 and $.33 tax. I was not told there was an additional fee for my leased equipment either. Maybe i need to call them and ask waddupwidat.

·
Premium Member
2,522 Posts
This should be a partial month of the old "mirror fee", now known as "additional receiver fee". For leased receivers, this will show as "leased receiver fee".

·
Banned
614 Posts
TomF said:
I logged into DirecTV last night after getting my HR20 installed this past Monday. My latest activity shows that I'm being charged $3.82 for a "Leased Receiver". This wasn't mentioned when I placed my order and I don't recall seeing anyone else mention it on this forum. I know that this is a leased receiver but I guess that I didn't expect to pay a monthly fee.

You should only be charged the $4.99 for a second receiver not primary. Doesn't matter if it's leased or owned. It's like a mirroring charge. The $3.82 is pro-rated because you got the receiver after your billing cycle.

·
Icon
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I can accept that. I just figured that it would show up as another Additional Receiver fee (I've got two others). The way that it's stated makes it look like you're paying for leasing a receiver, at least it did to me.

Thanks for the quick replies!

·
Mentor
34 Posts
TomF said:

Did you buy it outright? I was told 750.00 to own the reciever.

·
Legend
194 Posts
ttiger72 said:
Did you buy it outright? I was told 750.00 to own the reciever.
I got three for $224 -- I own them all. To the skeptics, they were very clear about that. Two CSRs noted it and documented it. I must have played CSR roulette and won or something.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
One thing I noticed is the tax is charged on the "leased receiver" fee but not on the "additional receiver" fee. It is also charged on the DVR fee, but nothing else. Maybe this varies by state.

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
bobnielsen said:
One thing I noticed is the tax is charged on the "leased receiver" fee but not on the "additional receiver" fee. It is also charged on the DVR fee, but nothing else. Maybe this varies by state.
That may vary by state. Here in WI I get taxed on every line item on my statement. But then again, in WI we've never met a tax we didn't like. :mad:

·
Legend
187 Posts
I have 3 directv boxes...two directv with tivo units (both owned) and one HR20-700 (leased). I get charged one additional receiver fee and one lease fee, both 4.99

However, on the taxes line of my statement, I have $0.00.

I know in VA, we passed a communications technology tax earlier this year where cable, satellite tv, and satellite radio will all be taxed, but it appears that has not gone into effect yet.

·
Legend
144 Posts
I got the same charge, so I guess I'm leasing mine too (though this was never mentioned when I called & got the deal w/retention). I don't really care, though, since it cost me nothing. The charge confused me at first but it's really just an additional receiver fee, which I was paying before anyway...

·
5 Posts
Yes, $4.99 leased receiver fee and I don't have a second active receiver. I called last night and they said they fixed it, but hasn't updated yet on the bill.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.