DBSTalk Forum banner

Are you watching Into the Wall

• Yes, I can't get enough. I have created a Series Link!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Godfather
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let's have a show of hands if you are watching Into the Wall.

I think the show is so over the top ridiculous that I have watched the first two episodes.

The overacting by both the hosts and the contestants is nauseous, the premise is ridiculous. Yet I tune in. At least for now.

· Godfather
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FOX

I am not sure what it's real night will be. They keep advertising "Sneak Peeks". The first was Sunday night after Football and the 2nd one was last night after the premiere of the new Fox series "Fringe"

· Godfather
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
say-what said:
I turned it on mid-way last night and turned it off after one run of the wall. That was about 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. :)
:thats:

· Registered
7,910 Posts
It's really a bad show. Really bad. :nono2:

I hate to admit it, but I actually watched for about 15 minutes last night. Part of me was semi-entertained but the bigger part was asking why on earth some executive thought this would be a good idea for a show. After the entertainment faded I finally changed it.

· Godfather
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tcusta00 said:
It's really a bad show. Really bad. :nono2:

I hate to admit it, but I actually watched for about 15 minutes last night. Part of me was semi-entertained but the bigger part was asking why on earth some executive thought this would be a good idea for a show. After the entertainment faded I finally changed it.
Yeah, it's based on one of those wacky Japanese shows that are all hype. That format seems to be the in thing over there. But I don't think it will succeed here.

· Registered
7,910 Posts
sacalait said:
Yeah, it's based on one of those wacky Japanese shows that are all hype. That format seems to be the in thing over there. But I don't think it will succeed here.
I don't get the Japanese gameshow thing. I think the US reality show "I Survived a Japanese Gameshow" has a better shot at sticking around (if it is still around?) than this since it at least has a bunch of different stunts every episode. This is one gag, repeated over and over again. Seems fairly mundane if you ask me. Maybe the Japanese are so high strung at work they just want to come home at night and watch mindless crap instead of serial dramas like we Americans are so fond of. :shrug:

· Godfather
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stuart Sweet said:
I'm changing the thread title.
Thanks Stuart,

That is two mistakes on my part today. The title of the show and the PM. And you have been there to save me on both.:bowdown:

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
I watched it the first night (Sunday) and that was it for me.

I find Mark Thompson's voice rather irritating and have a hard time watching anything costs. He was the big reason I gave up watching the KTTV-11 news (in favor of KCAL-9) when I was living in Los Angeles.

· Godfather
474 Posts
actually watched a few of the Youtube episodes of the Japanese version and it was pretty funny. Kids like it but I wouldn't dare watch the 'hole' thing. Just record - skip to the wall, then skip, skip. 10 minutes and its over - there is WAY too much in between. Just get 'em out there, come up with funky shapes and see what happens. Especially with the 3 people - need to have more of them standing on each other, etc to be funny

· Hall Of Fame
3,181 Posts
I only knew it was on becasue it followed Fringe. I made it about 5 minutes, and left to watch the last half of a Law And Order rerun. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.