DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there have been heavy rains here in Hawaii the last two days and of course not much is coming in on the DTV feed. What I can watch are the Mpeg2 HD channels. But, I am so sick and tired of the damn screen saver coming on every 5 minutes and the stupid searching for signal displayed on the screen. This isn't right...

·
Icon
650 Posts
You have this problem often in paradise don't you? How is singnal strength in normal weather?

·
Icon
731 Posts
I'll trade you! Cold snowy Minnesota with very few storm fades for Hawaii. :)

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mocciat said:
You have this problem often in paradise don't you? How is singnal strength in normal weather?
What is normal weather in hawaii? :grin:

I get good numbers upper 70's-100

But, with the distance from the sat's the signal has to go through a lot of atmosphere.

All-in-all I hardly have a problem, but my real goal is to get DTV to give me the option to turn off the screensaver. I am not saying to get rid of it, but let me control if it will come on or not. It doesn't just happen when the weather is bad either, it happens if I pause a live broadcast or a recording. It is really annoying to push a button on the remote every few minutes so that I can watch the show's with out that danged DTV symbol floating across the screen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.