DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not only do most of the CSR's not have any clue that the OTA function has even been activated, neither do the technicians that come to your house. In fact, this guy was stunned that the tuners were activitated and the techs havent been notified.

Aside from the ongoing OTA issues, one of my LNB's went bad, causing me to lose about half my channels, while the tech was there, I thought I would ask about the OTA issue and his response was "we havent even't been told that the OTA function has been enabled."

So, yet again, I will post my missing channels. I have no idea whether its a mapping issue of the guide data or a problem with the software and tuner. ALL OF THESE CHANNELS TUNE PERFECTLY WITH GREAT SIGNAL DIRECT TO MY SAMSUNG PLASMA. The installer did say that if you receive signal to the TV, you should be able to get it through the SAT Receiver without any changes to your setup. I have seen people talking about (antenuators and cable lengths, etc,etc)

I believe it to be a software problem because on occasion, i can get one still frame from one or two of these channels. Its almost as though the tuner cannot lock these stations.

The installer said he believed it was a software issue but who knows. I've also posted this in the missing channels forum.

32258, Jacksonville, FL

Missing - 0 signal strength on HR20 tuners, full signal to TV

4-1 WJXT-DT
7-1 WJCT-DT
25-1 WJXX-DT
30-1 WAWS-DT
47-1 WTEV-DT

NBC - WJXX-DT is the only one that comes in reliably, at 100 percent strength.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
You need to post these in the proper thread, it's in a sticky at the top....just the important info, not the full "story" in your post.

Installers sometimes are barely a grade ahead of the CSRs in terms of knowledge.

·
Legend
129 Posts
arasner said:
Not only do most of the CSR's not have any clue that the OTA function has even been activated, neither do the technicians that come to your house. In fact, this guy was stunned that the tuners were activitated and the techs havent been notified.

Aside from the ongoing OTA issues, one of my LNB's went bad, causing me to lose about half my channels, while the tech was there, I thought I would ask about the OTA issue and his response was "we havent even't been told that the OTA function has been enabled."

So, yet again, I will post my missing channels. I have no idea whether its a mapping issue of the guide data or a problem with the software and tuner. ALL OF THESE CHANNELS TUNE PERFECTLY WITH GREAT SIGNAL DIRECT TO MY SAMSUNG PLASMA. The installer did say that if you receive signal to the TV, you should be able to get it through the SAT Receiver without any changes to your setup. I have seen people talking about (antenuators and cable lengths, etc,etc)

I believe it to be a software problem because on occasion, i can get one still frame from one or two of these channels. Its almost as though the tuner cannot lock these stations.

The installer said he believed it was a software issue but who knows. I've also posted this in the missing channels forum.

32258, Jacksonville, FL

Missing - 0 signal strength on HR20 tuners, full signal to TV

4-1 WJXT-DT
7-1 WJCT-DT
25-1 WJXX-DT
30-1 WAWS-DT
47-1 WTEV-DT

NBC - WJXX-DT is the only one that comes in reliably, at 100 percent strength.
Wow! looks like you are missing all of your local channel:(
I live in JAX too but I get them all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.