Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they change something?

I used to dial 800-824-9081 and get someone instantly who has a clue. Now when I call this number it is the regular ol BS line with push this button for this and push this button for that BS.

What happened?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
DirecTV is changing all the direct dial phone numbers that have been posted on the internet, and thus abused for their intended purposes.

They did the same thing last year, and the year before that.

·
Icon
3,065 Posts
Mr Earl Bonovich, are you going to share with us the new retention number when you receive the updated number?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
dtv757 said:
Mr Earl Bonovich, are you going to share with us the new retention number when you receive the updated number?
Don't need it.... I have better phone numbers to use... :D

·
AllStar
87 Posts
This is a retention phone # that now says It is the Directv customer express line. What's the deal?

Thanks,

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
Was the retention number really that abused? Whenever I used it I got through within a minute, if not immediately. So unless direct dial calls got routed to #1 in the que it didn't seem to me like it was being abused?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,856 Posts
mckeemike505 said:
This is a retention phone # that now says It is the Directv customer express line. What's the deal?
Direct access to this level of service may be restricted to most favored customers now.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,856 Posts
Mike Huss said:
Was the retention number really that abused?
"Abuse" in this instance, is getting calls that could have been answered by lesser CSRs.

You don't want to have knowledgeable technicians wasting time asking if the customer has fresh batteries installed in their remote or if they subscribe to the service that they aren't getting.

Self-righteous subscribers force them to rotate the priority numbers periodically.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
harsh said:
Direct access to this level of service may be restricted to most favored customers now.
Yeah and they give me this "special" Alist # to call and is a joke it is basically the same as the main # now.

Thanks,

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
harsh said:
Self-righteous subscribers force them to rotate the priority numbers periodically.
I understand that. FWIW *I* didn't use the number for stupid stuff in case you were calling me self-righteous. I only used it when I had issues that I knew regular CSR's wouldn't know how to handle. I've always called the main number for regular things like activating receivers. But I could see where it would be abused by those who think they are more important than the rest.

Does anyone know what kind of retention D* has themselves as far as CSR's? How many people actually stick around long enough to make it to retention? I assume the base level CSR's are entry level jobs in the company and those types of positions typically have a ton of turnover.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,856 Posts
Mike Huss said:
I assume the base level CSR's are entry level jobs in the company and those types of positions typically have a ton of turnover.
I suspect that some of the higher level support people get kicked upstairs because they may not be so good with customers.

It is probably apparent from my previous post that I have little use for those who just want to chat and are looking for any excuse to call and talk to someone... anyone....

Not everyone is cut out of the right cloth to coddle those who are too lazy and/or stupid to help themselves. I suspect that the turnover rate isn't all that high. We simply assume that because the typical CSR doesn't seem to know much about what is going on that they are necessarily noobs. The fact is that they are paid to figure out where to route people to find the answers that aren't painfully obvious.

As an example from another company, SunRocket has three tiers of CSRs and you have to go through them in sequence each time you call in.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Exactly...

Most of the direct phone numbers, or transfer points will require a PIN number to be entered.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
mckeemike505 said:
Yeah and they give me this "special" Alist # to call and is a joke it is basically the same as the main # now.

Thanks,
However, when you call from your home phone number, it does "state" you are one of their A-List customers. So it could be as simple as priority routing, or an indicator on the screen when someone picks it up on the other side.

·
Banned
49 Posts
I only called that number after IRONWOOD COMMUNICATIONS missed FOUR of my installation appointments without so much as a phone call. I could get through to someone in a minute or two. If I have to wait when these a**holes do it again, then some on the other end at DTV is going to incur my wrath...:lol:

·
Beer Aficionado
1,683 Posts
Speaking of A-list customers. I've seen numerous discussions on that topic, but no definitive answers. As a long-time customer (~10 years) with NFLST and SF for the last 4 or 5 and an account that is always in good standing, would I be considered A-List? Or is the fact that my typical (non NFLST months) bill is $84 not "enough" to put me on the A-List?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
ITOLDYOUPINYESTERDAY said:
Of Course I Posted Yesterday That Pin Numbers Was Coming, But Earl To Protech His "pimpin" Of Directv Erased It,

And Yea Earl I Know The Direct Numbrs Ya Use To Directv, I Know Them, And Use Them As Well,

Anybody With An Ounce Of Sense Could Find Them. So Do Not Pretend

So Do Not Smile And Try To Act Like Ya Know More Than You Claim You Do
Chris...

If you had the same phone numbers that I do at DirecTV.. .you wouldn't hesistate to post them....

I would ask you to post them, but then again, I think is now your 53rd account banned here.

To everyone else, this account was not banned because of the statements made... Chris made his bed a LONG time ago, and violated several rules of the forum. Was put on vacation, then proceded to open a 2nd, 3rd, .... 53rd account. Which results in a permanant ban from our site.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,838 Posts
Okay, how do we go about getting a pin number?

I can't believe they've changed the retention number. That's always my fall back when I can't get things done with the first tier of CSRs.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
shendley said:
Okay, how do we go about getting a pin number?

I can't believe they've changed the retention number. That's always my fall back when I can't get things done with the first tier of CSRs.
You can't.

The Pin is entered in two different ways.
One via the automated menu tree... The other via the CSR transfering the call. When it is the 2nd method, the PIN number is usually displayed on their screen, and they change often enough that they can't be "posted".

·
Hall Of Fame
1,838 Posts
Then, am I right in infering that the direct line to customer retention is gone? That really stinks!There's such a world of difference between the first tier CSRs and the Retention folk. I had come to think of the latter as my pals!

Earl Bonovich said:
You can't.

The Pin is entered in two different ways.
One via the automated menu tree... The other via the CSR transfering the call. When it is the 2nd method, the PIN number is usually displayed on their screen, and they change often enough that they can't be "posted".

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.