DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When watching a channel such as RaveHD on my HD Pioneer 50 inch plasma that displays 1080i on HDMI hookup from ViP622, it looks great. Once I turn off the TV and receiver and turn it back on the next time, the picture is stretched beyond the edges of the screen. I have to goto HDTV setup on the 622, change to a setting other than 1080i and then back to 1080i to get it right again.

Any other way around this??

·
Legend
164 Posts
crackasmile said:
When watching a channel such as RaveHD on my HD Pioneer 50 inch plasma that displays 1080i on HDMI hookup from ViP622, it looks great. Once I turn off the TV and receiver and turn it back on the next time, the picture is stretched beyond the edges of the screen. I have to goto HDTV setup on the 622, change to a setting other than 1080i and then back to 1080i to get it right again.

*FORMAT button on your 622 remote should SAVE settings

·
Legend
127 Posts
Absolutely, the format button will change your aspect ratio that is being sent by the 622, and it should save it. However it sounds like your system is not saving it at all.

It almost sounds like it is a TV problem. It is having trouble with the aspect ratio that Dish is sending it, and miscalculating when you turn it back on.

Have you tried a different output setting from the 622? You can choose 1080i or 720p. Maybe the other one (from what you have today) will fix the problem.

Also, it may be a handshake problem with the HDCP over HDMI. If you are using HDMI, try using components to see if that solves the problem.

Good luck!

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
crackasmile said:

I've got my 622 set to 720p output for my Pioneer plasma (PDP-5070HD). Although this model accepts 1080p/24Hz signals, it's native resolution is 1365x768. Try switching the 622 to 720p output to better match the TV's native resolution.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.