DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to install my 2nd (additional not replacement) HR20-700. My first unit is 5 weeks old and works great. I receive locals OTA just fine. I use the 3 LNB dish with an Aspen Eagle powered 4X8 switch. I've read about the Zinwell WB68 & MPEG4. Question: I see no reason to go to the AT9 and Zinwell WB68 now. I guess I'm reluctant to rock the boat too much. Am I missing something in my reasoning? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks....

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
How are you tunning in your OTA? Directly on your TV? As the HR20 doesn't have OTA enabled.

During 2007, the HD-MPEG-4 will grow. But until then...
The eagle aspen will be fine to get you rmore connections to your 3 LNB system.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
hdfan01 said:
I'm receiving OTA through the TV tuners. (Real MPEG4 as I understand it).
Actually, OTA is MPEG-2... but either way...

You should be fine with the Eagle Aspen until you upgrade your dish.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
hdfan01 said:
Sorry, Earl. I should have stated OTA HD. They're MPEG4, aren't they?
No, OTA-HD is MPEG-2

·
Legend
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earl, one last thing and I will end this. Hd locals are not avail. in my area. SD locals are, I've never subscribed due to need for 2nd dish here. I take it then, that MPEG-4 are the HD locals now in service in some markets and viewed only by the HR20 technology. Am I getting close?????

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
hdfan01,

You are getting very close. Add to your picture that most, if not all, new HD channels sent from Directv will be in MPEG4 and available on the 5 sat. dishes.

And there is some thought that D* will move all the current HD channels to the MPEG4 and new sats. But I don't know if that has been announced or confirmed by D*.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.