DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I have done just what you want to do and it works.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
veryoldschool said:
Mast = yes
Arm/dish [reflector] = no
To expand a little more, in addition to the above. You can also use the BAU (back assembly unit) this has your AZ/EL fine tuning. Everything else needs swapped out.

In reality though, if you have the original side car dish, you most likely have the first gen BAU. If so, you'll want to use the new BAU. A little smaller & lighter and so far, holds up to the weather a little better. In otherwords, you can actaully readjust the thing months from now, the old ones had a bad habit of getting all rusted up.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,780 Posts
I have an AT-9 self installed 10/2005.
1st batch shipped out by Solid Signal before they were told to only ship to Detroit "test market".

Signals are the best of any installs I've seen since . 97-100 on 101 ; 95-98 on every 99c & 103c transponder.

I have another dish , AU-9 for a parallel and backup system as well as several portable installs with AU-9's. Can't get similar #'s. I hope my AT-9 does "rust" in place and never move!!

Doctor j

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
I had the opposite results. I never had over 85 on any KA sat with my AT9, no matter how much I peaked. Replaced it with a SWMLine5, on the same pole, and get high 90's on the KA now. Guess it just depends how many times UPS or FedEx dropped the box on the way to your house.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.