DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one D* receiver the HD (non DVR) receiver, the H20.

I am currently using a 3 LNB dish, but wanted to upgrade to the new 5 LNB dish to get locals in HD via satellite and be ready for new national HD channels when the come online.

I've read a lot here now, but I'm confused - do I need a multi-switch if I have just one receiver? I will likely never go beyond just one receiver, but may want to go to the HD DVR at some point. I have 4 coax lines run from my current dish mount to my interior location.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

· AllStar
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Installer just left, everything seemed to go smoothly. The installer complained a little about the high roof mount, but did his work anyway. I can't closely inspect the work, but from ground level it looks good. It is a taller mast than the 3 LNB dish had.

Can someone comment on whether the signal levels below are good? I am in Central Florida, no tree obstructions, and the readings are from the menu on my H20 box (my only current D* box). I had noticed this box reported lower numbers than my previous D-Tivo boxes on the same lines.

New Signal Levels:

SAT 101 (A) is in the 80's
SAT 119 (B) is in the 80's
SAT 110 (C) is in the 60's (should I worry about this? I don't know what it was before)

SAT 99 (NET 10) doens't have any readings (normal or not?)
SAT 99 (NET 11) doens't have any readings (normal or not?)
SAT 103 (NET 14) is in the 70's
SAT 103 (NET 15) doens't have any readings (normal or not?)

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
Those numbers sound reasonablet for a H20, which reads lower than other models. If you get locals from 103, I would expect the applicable transponder to be a bit higher (if you get them from 99, the H20 won't display the signal strength but that's just a pecuiarity, not a problem). I think Net 11 and 15 are Ka-low, which will be used by satellites to be launched later this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.