DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· AllStar
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any body have any info on what the dish actually aims at. what 3 sats does the main lnb aim at, and what does the accessory lnb with the two jumpers aim at. this is an incredibly crappy dish. with my old triple i never lost signal. now with the at9/h20 combo if a slight rain comes through my picture is lost. i want to know if i can use my triple lnb and two seperate 18" dishes with some type of multiswitch or high frequency splitters two accomplish the same thing with better signal. also i have noticed i loose picture on my h20's first before my d11's. i have tried h20's with and without filter. any suggestions.

my installer told me that eventually the accessory lnb arm will be removed when dtv gets all of there satellites where they want them and we will be back on three sats vs five, is this true?

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
Your installer doesn't know anything, as usual.

Sats are:
KU at 101, 110, 119
KA at 99 and 103 (these are the MPEG4 HD sats).

Main LNB assembly is for 99, 101 and 103
The "sidecar" is for 110 and 119.

There is a slimline edition of the AT9 coming soon that has all 5 combined into one unit.

Satellites aren't being moved, they are where they are.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
double said:
does any body have any info on what the dish actually aims at. what 3 sats does the main lnb aim at, and what does the accessory lnb with the two jumpers aim at. this is an incredibly crappy dish. with my old triple i never lost signal. now with the at9/h20 combo if a slight rain comes through my picture is lost. i want to know if i can use my triple lnb and two seperate 18" dishes with some type of multiswitch or high frequency splitters two accomplish the same thing with better signal. also i have noticed i loose picture on my h20's first before my d11's. i have tried h20's with and without filter. any suggestions.

my installer told me that eventually the accessory lnb arm will be removed when dtv gets all of there satellites where they want them and we will be back on three sats vs five, is this true?
The main LNB assembly contains three separate LNBs for 99, 101 and 103. The add-on contains the LNBs for 110 and 119 plus some combining circuitry. It is possible to use a second AT-9 dish for 110 and 119 http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=62223 but that probably won't give you what you are looking for.

It's quite possible (and somewhat logical) that the HD channels on 110 and 119 may get moved to new satellites at 99 and 103 after these are online next year, but there has been no such announcement. If that happens, Directv may want to use the 110 and 119 satellites to add more SD programming or ??.

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Most likely your dish just needs to be aimed a bit better. What are your signal readings on the various satellites & transponders? Perhaps you can insist that a different installer come back and properly align the dish.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.