DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my AT9/HR20 was working fine for a week or two and then stopped working. I checked the wiring, tried different wires, checked the dish, any obstructions, etc.

I can't get it to work. Tried setup from scratch (including dish alignments) using an H20 box, can't get it to see the 101 (or obviously any other) bird. So, the H20 or HR20 or whathaveyou powers the LNB right? Can the LNB go bad? Can the 4x4 switch go bad?

Just for my benefit, if I am trying to find the 101 sat, the elevation is critical and the azimuth is critical but the tilt is not that relevant for finding the 101, right (it has to be spot on for getting the 119,110,etc but if I can't even see the 101, it's not a tilt issue right?

Maybe someone bent the arm my LNBs are on, I don't know....

So, to eliminate the zinwell converter that goes on the back of the HR20, that only has an impact on the new MPEG4 sats right, for testing and finding the 101, I can take that off and make sure it's not that?

I'm sure its probably an alignment issue but I have re-aligned everything and it seems right. I know the first time I aligned it everything seemed fine and it wasn't until later that I got it to see the bird.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
You should have a 6x8 switch model WB68 made by zinwell and not a 4x4 switch.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
Thats right it has been a long day and my brain is fried right now. :) When you said switch I was thinking external switch. I guess thats what happens when you have 3 r15's and an HR20 hooked to the at9. :)

·
Legend
181 Posts
Is it possible someone bent the LNB arm? You don't say if it is mounted somewhere that has easy access but I think that is critical.

·
Registered
8,024 Posts
Thinker3932 said:
Just for my benefit, if I am trying to find the 101 sat, the elevation is critical and the azimuth is critical but the tilt is not that relevant for finding the 101, right (it has to be spot on for getting the 119,110,etc but if I can't even see the 101, it's not a tilt issue right?
Tilt WILL affect the aiming as well.

Mast - dead on plumb.
Evelvation - Check
Azimuth - Check
Tilt - Check

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.