DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been reading alot of posts in here about people having the AT9 dish installed on their roofs. is this the only place this new dish can be installed? i live in a 2 story apartment complex and right now my 3lnb dish is mounted on the side of an overhang that is about 14 inches in height.

1. will they be able to mounth the AT9 on the same place my dish is currently mounted?

2. if not to number 1, will dtv be willing to mount the AT9 on my apartment complex roof if the landlords say it's ok?

3. would i be better off waiting for the slimline so they can install that where my current dish is ....if possible.

thanks

·
Legend
104 Posts
gregftlaud said:
i've been reading alot of posts in here about people having the AT9 dish installed on their roofs. is this the only place this new dish can be installed? i live in a 2 story apartment complex and right now my 3lnb dish is mounted on the side of an overhang that is about 14 inches in height.

1. will they be able to mounth the AT9 on the same place my dish is currently mounted?

2. if not to number 1, will dtv be willing to mount the AT9 on my apartment complex roof if the landlords say it's ok?

3. would i be better off waiting for the slimline so they can install that where my current dish is ....if possible.

thanks
I don't know about #1 or #3, but my advice to you about #2 is if you do get permission to mount it on the roof (or anywhere outside your patio or "rentable area"), get it in writing from the management. I am in the apartment industry myself. My company strictly enforces satellite dishes and where/how they can be mounted. We know we can't force you to take them down as long as they are mounted in the leased space and aren't attached to any structure in a manner that causes damage. We aren't "anti-dish", but it truly is an eyesore when there a million dishes strung throughout a building. When we take over a site, we send out letters telling people to take them down or mount them on a pole on their patios. Any damage will be billed back to the resident. We have quite a few people that come in and say "the previous managers told me it was OK". Unfortunately that is hearsay and without something in writing we will make you take it down. Have them put it in writing on letterhead and sign it and worry no longer. In that case though, when it's time to renew your lease, at that point the new management can enforce the issue because you are signing a new contract, all previous contracts and addendums have now expired and they can enforce their rules (which in our case fully complies with the FCC rulings on satellite dishes).

Hope this helps.

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
Mine is mounted on my deck. They moved it a bit from the old 3lnb dish, to allow for the extra support arms, but basically in the same location--never had one on my roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.