DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· New Texan
11,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm getting real close to deciding a video card....

So, do I go for a middle-end Video card (ATI Radeon 9000 Retail) and save $100, or go for one of the best, which is the MSI GeForce Ti4400?

While I anticipate that I'm will play games, I'm also going for excellent video playback, especially on DVDs. If I'm correct, the while there are several manufacturers of nVidia video cards, they all use the same Detonator video drivers.

Help....

· Founder
17,247 Posts
I have been using the MSI GeForce 3 TI and love it. Very stable and games work smoothly. I've also been doing video editing with this card and all of the video playback is excellent.

What it all really comes down to is you get what you pay for. Saving $100 might make a difference in the performance level you get. I never regreted spending the extra $100 on my card at the time I bought it.

· God Bless America!
2,534 Posts
I agree with John - the 9700 is an excellent card! ATI cards GENERALLY have far superior video output quality, expecially on the analog out (because of superior DACs). For all but the most serious use, you couldn't go wrong with either one though ZLoth:) Myself, I use an ATI AIW Radeon 7500:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.