DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive my ignorance but I recently attached an off air tuner to my HR34 with an ANT1050. Questions:
1. Why wont it scan in all my sub locals?
2. Why, during the storm the other night, did I get SFSS on SAT IN 1?
WTF?

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
1: The antenna may not pick them up. Plug it into your TV and scan for channels to see if the antenna is picking them up.

2: Any time there is RED on the weather radar between your location and the satellite (even if its miles away, but high enough), the signal will get blocked out, and you will lose the satellite signal until the weather cloud passes. This is usually quite a short time. The SD channels have better coverage, so sometimes switching to the SD channel will allow you to continue viewing.

· Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I get the sfss on the sat but this was on my locals through the tuner and antenna...no sat involved...on my channel list they are all lsited as A which i assume meansd antenna.....I scanned but its missing channles advertised around here....havent thought to allow all channles yet though. Will try that

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
I think the message pops up when you lose satellite signal, even if you are watching your locals off the antenna. I dont have an AM21 around anymore, so cant test that, but I seem to recall that happening.

· Hall Of Fame
7,054 Posts
If you are watching locals that come in via the Ota option using an am21, you may get a message on-screen about sfss, but you should still be able to watch the Ota locals. The only case where you may run into issues is if you lose power and your DVD reboots during the storm and it can't see the sats during the reboot.

· Legend
225 Posts
"wahooq" said:
crap...thats why i got it...we live in oklahoma the wife wants to be able to see the weather during severe storms....
So put a 2way splitter on it and feed the tv and the am21. If signal is too poor than just unhook and move it to the tv. Or you could use one of those fancy mechanical a:b switches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.