DBSTalk Forum banner
2581 - 2600 of 2736 Posts

·
Icon
1,953 Posts
My son is moving into his new place in Feb and is considering getting D* Stream, which comes out around the same price as cable (and probably cheaper before all the cable fees kick in). I have an Osprey box from when we had the service which I was going to give to him and was wondering if there's anything I need to do to the box before we hook it up? I don't remember if it's still "connected" somehow to my old account.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,994 Posts
My son is moving into his new place in Feb and is considering getting D* Stream, which comes out around the same price as cable (and probably cheaper before all the cable fees kick in). I have an Osprey box from when we had the service which I was going to give to him and was wondering if there's anything I need to do to the box before we hook it up? I don't remember if it's still "connected" somehow to my old account.
I would make sure the box has updated to the Directv Stream software vs ATT TV.. Otherwise it may never update

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Directv Stream now includes Unlimited DVR post 1/23
Welp, looks like they're finally doing one of those things I've been saying forever now that they should do to make the service a better value. The change is now active on their website.

So now Entertainment with unlimited 3-month cloud DVR at $70/mo is only $5 more than YTTV with unlimited 9-month cloud DVR. They're getting closer.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,994 Posts
Bear in mind none of this pricing is in effect for 2 more days As of right now my 2/4 bill shows my pricing the same as it is now which in theory it should increase in 2 days

·
Hall Of Fame
4,994 Posts
My upcoming bill for 2/2 is the same total but shows $94.99 for Ultimate+$10 for unlimited DVR
They may have just not adjusted the online wording yet because technically your bill should be 104.99 plus 10 bucks for next month So your getting the DVR for free or not getting the price increase depending on how you want to look at it

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,591 ·
They may have just not adjusted the online wording yet because technically your bill should be 104.99 plus 10 bucks for next month So your getting the DVR for free or not getting the price increase depending on how you want to look at it
Well it is AT&T’s billing service, so anything’s possible! :)

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
OK, so unlimited cloud DVR is now included at no additional cost in every DTV Stream package, one of the improvements I've been calling for for a long time now. What are the other things that were on my list?

Add PBS locals -- done.

Add those missing CW locals -- nope, AFAIK, there are still several missing (including those owned by Nexstar).

Add some of those retro diginets -- well, they did add one (Heroes & Icons) but only in the Choice and above packages. Not enough. What about Get TV, Cozi TV, Comet, and INSP, which are carried on YTTV and/or FuboTV? (Heck, INSP is one of the few channels carried on DTV sat that's still missing from DTV Stream.)

Add 4K HDR content, including live sports -- nope, that's still MIA.

Add the NFL Network -- nope, and I seriously doubt it appears in 2022 either. Maybe it (and possibly NFL Red Zone) become available in 2023, after the current NFL contract with DTV lapses.

Roll out a better performing second-gen Osprey Android TV box -- nope, and I'm beginning to think it'll never be released.

Offer an optional, renewable 1-year contract with some kind of cost-savings and price freeze for the length of the contract -- nope, contract-free with everyday regular pricing from day 1 remains the only option.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
OK, so unlimited cloud DVR is now included at no additional cost in every DTV Stream package, one of the improvements I've been calling for for a long time now. What are the other things that were on my list?

Add PBS locals -- done.

Add those missing CW locals -- nope, AFAIK, there are still several missing (including those owned by Nexstar).

Add some of those retro diginets -- well, they did add one (Heroes & Icons) but only in the Choice and above packages. Not enough. What about Get TV, Cozi TV, Comet, and INSP, which are carried on YTTV and/or FuboTV? (Heck, INSP is one of the few channels carried on DTV sat that's still missing from DTV Stream.)

Add 4K HDR content, including live sports -- nope, that's still MIA.

Add the NFL Network -- nope, and I seriously doubt it appears in 2022 either. Maybe it (and possibly NFL Red Zone) become available in 2023, after the current NFL contract with DTV lapses.

Roll out a better performing second-gen Osprey Android TV box -- nope, and I'm beginning to think it'll never be released.

Offer an optional, renewable 1-year contract with some kind of cost-savings and price freeze for the length of the contract -- nope, contract-free with everyday regular pricing from day 1 remains the only option.
Well the unlimited cloud DVR is only good for new customers and NOT for current customers or customers switching from DirecTV or Uverse.

And they do have a contract option.

Font Terrestrial plant Darkness Brand Event

·
Registered
12,585 Posts
Folks in the DirecTV Support Forum also claim that existing customers will get free unlimited cloud DVR. It's supposed to roll out over the next few days. We shall see. My account still shows the $10 add-on for unlimited cloud DVR.

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
If that is true why would they have this on directv.com right under where it says unlimited DVR is now included? Hopefully the website is wrong.

Font Screenshot Magenta Multimedia Brand

·
Hall Of Fame
4,994 Posts
If that is true why would they have this on directv.com right under where it says unlimited DVR is now included? Hopefully the website is wrong.

View attachment 32026
It is true.. Several people on reddit have called in and confirmed it will be free for existing customers.. System hasnt fully updated yet and new plans dont start for 2 days... I also as an existing customer have confirmed I have it

·
Premium Member
2,598 Posts
It is true.. Several people on reddit have called in and confirmed it will be free for existing customers.. System hasnt fully updated yet and new plans dont start for 2 days... I also as an existing customer have confirmed I have it
Well that is good to know. But still...why the hell put it on the website in the first place if it isn't true? Just so stupid which come to think of it is right in AT&T's wheelhouse!

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,600 ·
Yeah I noticed it says for Device installment. So if you have AT&T to install the box they give you a one year contract?
Almost right. They don’t install it, just ship it to you in a very nice box.

2581 - 2600 of 2736 Posts