DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my continued problems with "trickplay" I attempted to force Version 0x104 (12/06/2006) yesterday afternoon, 12/12. I tried twice. Each time it appeared the update was successful but when selecting "info" from the menu it still showed Version 0xFA (11/22/2006). I guess since this was not rolled out to everyone, and I'm on the east coast, I was not able to update to this version. Correct? Thoughts? :confused:

My trickplay issues related to pause and rewind. Whenever I hit either pause or rewind during a live recording the picture would freeze, the progress bar would return to the original location for when the live broadcast was recorded, and then I couldn't press any keys to return to normal play. i'd have to change channels to recover.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
No, that update was not released to everyone. There is a new update that has been released last night. Please see the stickied threads for more info on this.

·
Mentor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PoitNarf said:
No, that update was not released to everyone. There is a new update that has been released last night. Please see the stickied threads for more info on this.
Yea, thanks PoitNarf, for the suggestion. i saw that there is a new update. I just thought it was interesting that I couldn't force an update with the previous version.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
MikeKV said:
Yea, thanks PoitNarf, for the suggestion. i saw that there is a new update. I just thought it was interesting that I couldn't force an update with the previous version.
Your receiver will only download a new update if it is authorized to receive it. If it is not authorized and you force it again, it will just download and reinstall the version that you already have. Right now only a small subset of the HR20 user base is authorized to get this latest update and will hopefully expand to more users soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.