Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a land line connected to my receiver but:

I sporadically see a rectangle with "Attention 588"

Then a message to the affect that to avoid extra charges a land line must be connected to the receiver at all times.

Do I need to act or react to this message?

· Legend
181 Posts
janeslogin said:

Then a message to the affect that to avoid extra charges a land line must be connected to the receiver at all times.

The extra charge comes in when trying to order pay per view. If not, don't worry about it.

· Banned
989 Posts
Yes616 said:
The extra charge comes in when trying to order pay per view. If not, don't worry about it.
Whoa. Totally wrong. Don't post if you don't know what you are talking about.

The message is likely because you have a dual-tuner receiver that is unable to call out for some reason. If you post what receiver you have, we can be help more.

· Legend
201 Posts
I had this happen on my 322. I know that the line was good, unhooked it from the receiver and plugged in the phone and it worked fine with no static. So I called Dish from my cell phone and let them know what was going on. The CSR
did a couple of things on her end and had me do a couple of things on my end and I have never had a problem since. I don't remember what I did on my side, it was a long time ago.

· Icon
546 Posts
janeslogin said:

If you don't do anything, the prompt will eventually go away and Dish will add the phone line access fee to your account ($5) for not having your dual-tuner rcvr plugged into an active phone line. You'll need to determine if a faulty outlet or your rcvr's modem is preventing that interface with Dish Network. :eek2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.