DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought some people might be interested as there was some discussion about it being pulled. Sorry if it pissed you off. I was just trying to be helpful.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
253 Posts
wohlfie said:
And this has what to do with the R-15? :nono:
Is it not obvious.... 4 episodes that will be be hampered be an R-15 or HR-20 recording problem :hurah:

wohlfie relax abit :)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Slyster said:
Smith? Never heard of it.. is it good? What's it about?
It lasted two weeks on CBS and was the first casualty of this season... does that tell you anything?
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
And here I was thinking this thread was a plug for dancing with the stars.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
11,498 Posts
Newshawk said:
It lasted two weeks on CBS and was the first casualty of this season... does that tell you anything?
Yeah people don't have good taste when it comes to TV. For those that don't know, Smith was an action series that lasted three weeks on CBS. I thought it had a great story line and it was something original, but seeing how most people prefer watching a bunch of losers trapped on an island for the what 7th time now or watch a bald guy talk on the phone and a bunch of suitcases I can understand why Smith was canceled. Thanks for the info Cawall, I for one do really appreciate this information and will be checking it out.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
808 Posts
It lasted two weeks on CBS and was the first casualty of this season... does that tell you anything?
Actually, they aired four episodes before it was canned. The thing that got me was the fact that there were two similar shows that never made it past six episodes. The show "Thief" was only meant to be a six-episode run but "Heist" bombed as a summer replacement after only a few weeks. I was amazed that CBS gambled on a format that had already proven to have little or no interest to the general viewing public.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Yeah people don't have good taste when it comes to TV. For those that don't know, Smith was an action series that lasted three weeks on CBS. I thought it had a great story line and it was something original, but seeing how most people prefer watching a bunch of losers trapped on an island for the what 7th time now or watch a bald guy talk on the phone and a bunch of suitcases I can understand why Smith was canceled. Thanks for the info Cawall, I for one do really appreciate this information and will be checking it out.
Puh-leeze! "Smith" was a letdown after "NCIS" and "The Unit"... that's why it tanked. That is apparently due to the series being so dark in tone. Apparnetly the US viewers don't want that this year. Oddly, Smith was a bigger hit with Canadian viewers, however.

Oh, and the only reality show I watch on anthing approaching a regular basis is "Extreme Makeover-Home Edition" as it's the only one that actually is doing some good for people (especially this year.)
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
808 Posts
I assume you're referring to Virginia Madsen. I like her too but she can't seem to find a TV show that will stay on the air. She's been in a number of TV shows that have tanked over the years.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
115 Posts
NVBlue said:
I liked it! The chick was HOT. NQ
captain_video said:
I assume you're referring to Virginia Madsen. I like her too but she can't seem to find a TV show that will stay on the air. She's been in a number of TV shows that have tanked over the years.
No...she was Smiths wife. I think hes referring to the character that was part of the team and ran the credit card scam operation on her own...
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
23 Posts
Hi I recently got an upgrade to an H20. After numerous calls to D, they said they have had probelms with most of these units and the HDMI connection. Something about the compatibilty with the tv or projector that wont allow it to work right. I have a PT AX100U projector and I am currently having to run component cables for it to get a picture. D says it is a software update problem and it will be fixed "soon" Does anyone know when this will be?
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top