DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
53,493 Posts
The EPG is the same as shown at zap2it ... which is good as they are based on the same source data (I have EPG issues with my local stations but zap2it is right and DISH is wrong and won't fix the problem). The fix for the problem this time would be at the source, not in DISH's use of Tribune Media Services data.

What problem are you seeing in the data for Fox News?
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James Long said:
The EPG is the same as shown at zap2it ... which is good as they are based on the same source data (I have EPG issues with my local stations but zap2it is right and DISH is wrong and won't fix the problem). The fix for the problem this time would be at the source, not in DISH's use of Tribune Media Services data.

What problem are you seeing in the data for Fox News?
For Example: Tomorrow night FNC has a special on Glenn Campbell's fight with Alzheimer's disease at 10 pm eastern. The EPG has "The Five", a program that runs Monday through Friday at 5 pm eastern (and repeated overnight). While there may be a rerun of "The Five" at some time on Saturday, it's not at 10 pm. That time block usually has specials such as the Glenn Campbell program. Other news networks run specials that are correctly listed, but for some reason FNC is always wrong on Saturdays. I have to edit the names of my DVR recordings when this happens which is a pain and limited in number of letters you can type.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't anybody on the DIRT team interested in tackling this problem? It happens every weekend - both Saturday and Sunday evenings. The prime time line-up is never correct. Whenever "The Five" is listed on a Saturday night the real program is a special.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,658 Posts
I hate to say it... but Dish in general seems to turn a blind idea to the bad EPG data they get from Tribune... I haven't noticed the specific problem you are reporting, but have seen similar on other channels I do watch. Cartoon Network and Comedy Channel have similar data inaccuracies that have caused me issues with timers.
 

·
Icon
Joined
·
925 Posts
Stewart Vernon said:
I hate to say it... but Dish in general seems to turn a blind idea to the bad EPG data they get from Tribune... I haven't noticed the specific problem you are reporting, but have seen similar on other channels I do watch. Cartoon Network and Comedy Channel have similar data inaccuracies that have caused me issues with timers.
Contact Tribune. Zap2It has a contact form.
 
Joined
·
598 Posts
Michael P said:
Doesn't anybody on the DIRT team interested in tackling this problem? It happens every weekend - both Saturday and Sunday evenings. The prime time line-up is never correct. Whenever "The Five" is listed on a Saturday night the real program is a special.
Please send me a PM with your phone/account number, and receiver software version. Please also add additional details on the problem (as much info as possible would be much appreciated) so I can report it for you.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top