DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllStar
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any new information on the digital distortion that some of us are able to hear on non-pro-logic programs or channels when attempting to listen through pro-logic modes on our receivers? Someone else described this as "digital artifacts" in the audio. Another person described it perfectly when he said "...a weird distortion in the tweeter section of my speakers. The sound is, as best I can describe, a squeally, chirpy, whispy mess."

G

·
It's likely a phase shift for the rear channels where out of phase information is decoded to an in phase rear signal. This process is error-prone, and like many other pro-logic problems it will occur on all sources, but will be worst with sources not encoded with dolby surround (dolby surround is the encoding for pro-logic decoders).

·
Legend
143 Posts
That's common for me. I have 2 Pioneer D508's. Downstairs I have it setup away from the listening area about 10 feet and I don't hear it. but upstairs in the close living room I hear it often. on some channels I don't hear it. To me it sounds like the L/R Front midrange is cut down and sent to the center channel speaker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.