DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen all the previous discussions on audio drop outs but I am wondering if anyone has had them recently. Mine just started last night and again this morning. Audio lost only, not picture. I recorded the program and can replay it with the drop out and it occurs on multiple receivers. The fact that it is on multiple receives sort of tells me it is not the DVR but something on the transmission end at Directv. It has occurred on several different channels so far (Bravo), Local ABC channel. It occurred this morning on Good Morning America just at the beginning of the show.

·
AllStar
68 Posts
We were having that problem. When tech came to realign our dish, he said that audio dropout should go away. Thus far, it has. He claimed that a dish slightly out of line can have audio dropouts. He said audio will drop much more quickly than video. Don't know if that is accurate, but it might be the cause of your problem.

·
AllStar
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flaguy said:
We were having that problem. When tech came to realign our dish, he said that audio dropout should go away. Thus far, it has. He claimed that a dish slightly out of line can have audio dropouts. He said audio will drop much more quickly than video. Don't know if that is accurate, but it might be the cause of your problem.
Good to know. Thanks.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,476 Posts
Check your signal levels to see if your dish might need an adjustment. If they are mostly in the 90s, there may be a real problem on the DIRECTV end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.