DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had problems with their Dishplayer periodically dropping the audio? It only lasts a fraction of a second but does is somewhat frequently. Help!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a modded 7100, and I have been experiencing random audio difficulties on recorded programs for a few months now. I cannot correlate the starting of the audio problems to either - 1) my move to AZ (re-setting up of the equip.), or 2) the recent software upgrade.

I'm going to do a complete re-image and see if that fixes anything.

-Keith

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 7200, and have noticed the audio dropping problem on occasion over the last several months. Don't remember it occurring before that. I have not been sure if it was the DishPlayer or Surround tuner causing the audio drop. What I have noticed, is that it only seems to occur during movies off the satelite in Dolby Digital audio format. I haven't checked to see if the audio drops out at the same time on any of the other regular sat. recievers in the house.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had that problem in the past when I had my dishplayer. It only happend once in awhile in AC-3.
I had recorded on V-HS and watched the same part of the movie. The sound did not drop on the V-HS.

So it was a decoding problem in the AC-3. I ruled out my pioneer receiver because other people were having that problem as well.

Someone told me to upgrade my optical cable, but that was not the problem. It went away. I think it's a disruption in the signal going through the sat receiver.

I also have had a problem with my 4900. I would lose digital sound, and the only way to get it back was to do a reinsert card reboot. but that too went away.

I haven't had that problem with my 501, and I hope I never do :)

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
It started happening to me last week when I switched from the blue card to the new yellow card. Every time we turn it on now, it fails to acquire signal from the satellite, and is not downloading the lists either. Very frustrating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.