DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having audio problems on my HR10-250 that just started recently. I'm trying to understand if it's an upgrade problem, or a problem with my receiver.

Setup: HR10-250 connected via digital optical to a Marantz receiver. Dolby Digital recording. Tried both DD and DD2PCM for the TiVo output.

Symptom: the receiver intermittently clicks off, i.e. tripping a breaker like it would to avoid overload. Of course, the volume is quite low, nowhere near its limits. This happens for both HD OTA and SD satellite channels, although it seems more common with SD than HD. It is reproducible, in that rewinding and replaying the same segment always causes the same failure. Lowering the volume solves the problem, but it's low enough that it's hard to hear.

It can happen several times in a show when played back at reasonable volumes. Needless to say, this is extremely annoying. I have not yet tried to switch from the optical cable to an analog cable, but that's the next obvious step.

Before I waste a lot of time on this, I'd like to know if it's the upgrade and there's nothing I can do except whine at DTV for a fix. Obviously, since this happens on SD channels, this doesn't only happen on DD recordings.

Thanks!
-- Ethan

· Registered
12,607 Posts
I doubt it's related to the 6.3a update. I haven't seen this particular problem reported anywhere else.

Doublecheck your audio connections. Do you have another digital audio source you can try with that receiver (CD player, DVD player, etc)?

· Legend
244 Posts
I was getting a similar problem you describe last Saturday while watching ESPNHD & ESPNHD2. The sound was very choppy and then I would hear rumblings in my speaker that would cause my audio receiver to go into protection mode and shut off. Nothing happened again until today while watching a HD game on NFLST (can't remember which game). I was going to change the speaker cable thinking that might be the problem. But now since another similar case is reported, I wonder if it is a 6.3 issue. I don't have this problem with SD programming. I'm going to keep my eye on this for awhile.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.