Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm having an audio issue when I switch between channels outputting in 5.1 and those outputting PCM. When I change stations, my receiver switches from DD to PCM, but no audio plays. No trick plays or anything will corret it. The only thing that works is if I change the input on the audio receiver (from DBS to anything else) and back. I've been using this receiver with a DSR6000, and HR10-250 and never had the trouble.

Anyone else?

My setup:
HR20>>JVC Receiver via Optical cable
HR20>>Sony KDEF50A10 HDMI

Also, unrelated, I read at the other place that when OTA is enabled, we'll still only be able to rcord 2 things at a time, unlike the manual. Is that confirmed in a semi reliable manner?

Xaa

·
Icon
Dish Hopper 3, Dish Hopper Plus (sort of), Denon AVR-6500H HT receiver, Klipsch speaker system
730 Posts
I would say you are having a receiver issue. I have an Onkyo, and my audio switches just fine. With regards to your second question, you will only be able to record two things at the same time, whether it be two OTA, two SAT or one of each. The manual is wrong.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Strejcek said:
I would say you are having a receiver issue. I have an Onkyo, and my audio switches just fine. With regards to your second question, you will only be able to record two things at the same time, whether it be two OTA, two SAT or one of each. The manual is wrong.
My Onkyo Integra 7.1 switches between DD and PCM just fine via Optical, and yes, the manual is wrong on recording more than two simultaneous sources, OTA or not.

·
Icon
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured without the plethora of threads that I was dealing with a receiver thing. Problem is that the receiver has never changed and worked with my last two (HR10 and DSR6000). Bummer:confused:

Also, bummer on the no three things from the manual, but that's something I would encounter less frequently than this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.