DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticing a lot of audio dropouts on Discovery HD. Specifically, "Bugs! A Rainforest Adventure". About every minute or so the audio goes out for a second. Anyone else notice this today? Thx

Samsung LN-S4695D, HDMI, HR-20.

·
AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Canis Lupus said:
Not today cuz didnt watch - but DISC-HD is by far the biggest dropout problem for me.
Okay, good to know. I hope that if it's this universal that they would be working on it. Almost, unlistenable.:rolleyes:

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Yeah and some people have no problems with DISC-HD at all. If you turn DD off, it works (of course you shouldnt have to do this), but in another post i asked if anyone noticed that the audio never drops out during their promos/commercials (which if you notice also are actually in true DD). Many of the other programs are not, and I've wondered if those are just PCM pushed thru a DD stream - causing dropouts for some. You might want to report on what happens during promos/commercials, and not just programs.

·
AllStar
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canis Lupus said:
Yeah and some people have no problems with DISC-HD at all. If you turn DD off, it works (of course you shouldnt have to do this), but in another post i asked if anyone noticed that the audio never drops out during their promos/commercials (which if you notice also are actually in true DD). Many of the other programs are not, and I've wondered if those are just PCM pushed thru a DD stream - causing dropouts for some. You might want to report on what happens during promos/commercials, and not just programs.
Yes, I have noticed when Promo's/Commercials that are encoded in DD are aired, no dropout. Good observation. Hmm. Then why are all my other HD Channels, (both MPEG2 and 4), sounding good? I will report this. Thx!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.