DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the 'feature' that turns off the optical audio-out feed when you put the box in standby by turning it off from the remote. This way, the 5.1 receiver can stay on but doesn't receive a signal from the HR20 and therefore doesn't push anything to the speakers. But this morning at 5:45am my household was awakened to Nickelodeon kicking in at the high volume where it was left the night before. The HR20 was still off, but the audio receiver was pumping through the audio anyway. I cycled the HR20 on and then off... that fixed the problem.

Anyone else ever get this?

· Godfather
313 Posts
ericlovestivo said:
I like the 'feature' that turns off the optical audio-out feed when you put the box in standby by turning it off from the remote. This way, the 5.1 receiver can stay on but doesn't receive a signal from the HR20 and therefore doesn't push anything to the speakers. But this morning at 5:45am my household was awakened to Nickelodeon kicking in at the high volume where it was left the night before. The HR20 was still off, but the audio receiver was pumping through the audio anyway. I cycled the HR20 on and then off... that fixed the problem.

It's haunted. Halloween you know:lol:

· Legend
183 Posts
ericlovestivo said:

Forgive me for asking, but why do you leave your 5.1 receiver on?

· Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
My 5.1 reciever stays on all the time also and have also been awoken in the middle of the night now 3 different times now. Dont have a reason why but I was hopeing that a software update would fix this but so far it has not for it has happend now on the last 2 versions of the software.

As for the reason why I leave my 5.1 receiver on is that it does not have a power off feature only a standby mode which really does not turn it off only puts it to sleep so I have just found it eaiser to leave it on. This is also what the installer that did the installation of my 5.1 home theater sound system recomended for he said that it was designed to stay on all the time and that the only time he recomend putting it in standby was if we were not going to be home for an extended period of time like when you go on vacation.

This is the reason I have like the HR20 so much for it powers off with the TV where the HR10-250 did not and I would have to go through the process of placing the 5.1 reciever into stanby or the simpler thing was to just press the mute. button when I had the HR10-250.

· Legend
183 Posts
Mavrick said:
As for the reason why I leave my 5.1 receiver on is that it does not have a power off feature only a standby mode which really does not turn it off only puts it to sleep so I have just found it eaiser to leave it on.
What kind of A/V receiver do you have?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.