DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Godfather
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experiencing very poor audio on channel n3D Olympic coverage? The background noise is normal, but the announcers are impossible to hear. Sound is normal during commercials. Switching to PCM from Dolby has no effect. Running sound through TV or Bose is the same.

I have a HR22-100. I am connected to a Bose GS 3-2-1 sound system and a brand new Vizio M3D470KD 47" 3D TV.

· Legend
1,250 Posts
"rahchgo" said:
Is anyone else experiencing very poor audio on channel n3D Olympic coverage? The background noise is normal, but the announcers are impossible to hear. Sound is normal during commercials. Switching to PCM from Dolby has no effect. Running sound through TV or Bose is the same.

I have a HR22-100. I am connected to a Bose GS 3-2-1 sound system and a brand new Vizio M3D470KD 47" 3D TV.
I was watching the 3D broadcast earlier today and didn't notice anything wrong with the audio.

· Legend
129 Posts
rahchgo said:
Is anyone else experiencing very poor audio on channel n3D Olympic coverage? The background noise is normal, but the announcers are impossible to hear.
We had the same problem when we tried to watch swimming the other day. It sounded like two people mumbling in the background.

I was really disappointed; there's relatively little 3D content to begin with then they mess it up.

· Legend
129 Posts
Yes, we can hear the announcers but the overall sound level is still low. When we increase the volume to hear the commentary,we're blasted out of our seats during commercials.

It's hard to understand why the 3D content should be so troublesome, this is basic broadcasting technology.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.