DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recorded and watched a show a week or so ago, was perfect.
Tonight went to show it to my girlfriend and the audio sync is now WAY off.
Tried starting and restarting. Then tried forwarding to the end and re3starting. Nothing helped.
Any other tips?
By the way this is with the new 0x104 software. I wonder if it has fuddled up the playback! Hope not.
C

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Is it happening for all programs?

How is your Audio connected... HDMI?

·
AllStar
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just checked it again, and now the same show is in sync. So it was good a week ago, bad earlier tonight and then back now. The other recordings seem OK as well.
Seems like a bug for certain...
It's HDMI.
C

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
It coudl be something with the HDMI/TV negotiating.

DirecTV is working to improve the compatibility with the different HDMI chipsets.

·
Mentor
49 Posts
Actually they introduced audio drop-outs to compliment the audio-sync issue.

(component out directly to TV, and happens with digital audio cable to surround receiver as well as with RCA left/right auido output).

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Local CBS station getting intermittant audio drop outs when watching the station with the HR20-700 and MPEG4. Whatching and recording th SAME program with the HR10-250 with OTA signal no problem.. software FA

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
I have had the HR20 for 2 weeks . Its driving my wife crazy(shes no techie) ..Our problems all seem related to the mpeg 4 locals...they were out 2 hours one nite while the SD channels were fine... The problem solved itself some how ..And none since...Audio is another animal however as we have continuing various problems ..
Mostly losing audio for a second or 2 or 4 or 5.... after recording "bones" the other nite it only had audio for the first 1/2 hour and then none for the rest of the hour.

we are recording everything to the old HR10 for backup but have to watch it on lod TV

update is OXfa
audio out is RCA to a 10 year old Denon receiver.
Picture is HDMI to my Sony qualia 006

·
Mentor
49 Posts
harryn said:
I have had the HR20 for 2 weeks . Its driving my wife crazy(shes no techie) ..
I hear you!

I wonder how many marriages are being stressed out because of issues caused by problems with the HR20? My wife (and kid) tell me every 60 seconds at least how they want the "old" Tivo back.

I think it would make an interesting story to see if the divorse rate increased after the HR20 was unleashed on the public. Maybe some dirtbag lawyer will file a class action lawsuit for us for "added stress" to marriages.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.