DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Icon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a problem with or know how to correct the audio/video sync? My audio is running 1/2 - 2 seconds behind the video. 2 seconds is like watching an old kung fu movie. Receiver is vip222 and it happens on all channels.

· Registered
3,469 Posts
brant said:
Anyone have a problem with or know how to correct the audio/video sync? My audio is running 1/2 - 2 seconds behind the video. 2 seconds is like watching an old kung fu movie. Receiver is vip222 and it happens on all channels.
Try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and restarting. Can't hurt.

· Icon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TulsaOK said:
Try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and restarting. Can't hurt.
ok i will; thanks. it seems to be an inconsistent problem. sometimes they sync perfectly, and an hour later its back off. its doing it on my OTA channels going through the receiver as well.

· Icon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
unplugging it and restarting fixes the problem. What I've noticed though is that every minute or so the video will freeze for just a moment; less than a second. Everytime it does, the audio doesn't freeze and after 4-5 minutes the video ends up a couple of seconds behind the audio. If I change channels, the problem may or may not be on the new channel. After a few minutes it will be though. The problem is very inconsistent though.

· Hall Of Fame
4,010 Posts
Sounds like you have a signal strength problem, possibly need the dish peaked.

Do you get any macro blocking or pixellation on certain channels (parts of the screen turn into large blocks all one color or the detail of the picture suddenly drops and you can see small boxes all over the screen)?

· Icon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't get much in the way of pixellation and such, just a brief screen freeze. I checked the signal; its 60-70 on 110 & 119. 129 is @ 30. Is that too low? The installer told me I had excellent signal strength. Maybe I did when he left.

· Icon
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tcatdbs said:
Did unplugging really work? I just started having the same problem. No video pauses though.
yes it worked. sometimes just turning it off for a moment would work. Its only happened once in the past 5 days and turning it off and back on worked. My signal seems to have gotten a lot better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.