DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Automatic Recording of NFL Games is Broken

2K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  bonscott87 
Speaking of black outs...my team (Ravens) are playing MNF tonight on ESPN and obviously, in HD. I noticed that my local channel is also broadcasting the game (as they have in the past when the game is on a cable channel). However, this local channel has NEVER broadcasted a game in HD and tonight is no exception.

I suppose the local channel determines if the game will be blacked-out on ESPN? I seriously do not want watch MNF in SD because my local team is playing. That's the time HD is the most essential! :)

bonscott87 said:
It won't be blacked on on ESPN. It's simply provided OTA in the home markets of the teams involved for those that don't have cable/sat and thus don't have ESPN. Same thing happened in the past with the Sunday Night games ESPN did. The game would also be broadcast in the local market OTA for those without ESPN.
Yeah, same thing that happened with Sunday Night games, but I don't remember if they were blacked out or not; that's why I thought I would ask him. CBS does most of the Ravens games and it's the local CBS that is broadcasting the game tonight as they usually do when it's on a cable network. I just forgot if it gets blacked out on ESPN. Since my local CBS station has never broadcasted a Ravens game in HD, there's no way I wanted to be forced to watch their station. That baffles me as well...primetime TV is broadcasted in HD by the local CBS, but never the football game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.