DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
ad301 said:
The OP said that the game in question was NOT on his local channel. It therefore should have been available to him on ST. So, what are you talking about?
All he said is that 711 was blacked out. Thus the local station carried the game. He never said he actually checked the local station, only the TV guide which had a different game. Most likely the local station changed what game they would show at the last minute. Nothing you can do other then to be aware of it. Happens in LA all the time since they have no "local" team.

In either case, nothing the DVR can do.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks to everyone for throwing in their $0.02.

I did some more research and now I think that either

a. The game was inadvertently blacked out on channel 711; or
b. My recorder just crashed. (When I tried to view the recording, it was a black screen and would not play – perhaps just a bug?).

The only way to know for sure is if someone can confirm that the Pats game was airing on 711 in Los Angeles.

I did some research and this is what I found out. I think the game was aired on CBS regionally, not nationally:

• I called the sports desk at my local CBS affiliate and they confirmed that the game was not aired in Los Angles. (But they would have been obligated to if it aired nationally on CBS).
• Even though DirectTV tech support said the game aired on CBS nationally, I believe this was wrong
• cbssportline.com said the game aired on CBS – I believe they meant regional
• My sister in Rhode Island who has DirecTV (but not ST) said the game was aired regionally on terrestrial TV. It was not listed on the CBS E or CBS W feed.

So, it should not have been blacked out on my ST, right?

• DirecTV agreed with my assumption that the game was blacked out on 711, but was it the correct assumption? Perhaps it was a recording failure.

So like I said, either the game was inadvertently blacked out on channel 711 or my recorder failed. Unless someone can give me more info re the pats on ST last Sunday then I will never know…

pete

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,882 Posts
It could have been an inadvertent blackout if DirecTV thought your local station was going to have the Pats game but they actually didn't. When that does happen you can call and they will usually unblock the ST channel for you. Doesn't help you much if it was recording though and you are gone.

BUT, there would have been gnashing of teeth in the NFL threads on AVS if there was this mistake were the case and I don't remember seeing anything about it. So it really could have been a failed recording. Basically if someone else in LA can tell you what game was on CBS yesterday you'll know one way or the other.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.