DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an option I can set to automatcially subscribe me to a thread whenever I post a reply or start a new thread? I'm used to this feature at TCF and couldn't find anything in my settings that allows this.

The closest option I found was to have "Instant email notification" under Default Thread Subscripton Mode, but that doesn't subscribe me automatically to a thread I post in.

Here's what the description says:
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Is an auto-subscribe feature just not available here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
James - Thanks for the reply.

I'm getting the emails (which I want, so that's good), and think I just found out what caused my confusion, making me think that I wasn't getting subscribed to threads automatically ...

I confirmed via the Quick Links menu for subscribed threads that my subscriptions are starting. What caused my confusion is that the Thread Tools menu seems to be broken: It always shows a link to "Subscribe to this thread", seemingly ignoring the fact that I am already subscribed. I initially took that to mean my reply didn't automatically subscribe me to the thread, but it's really a broken menu.

(BTW, I'm using Firefox 2.01 - don't know if this is a browser issue or not, but on other forums that use VB software, the link in the Thread Tools menu changes to "Unsubscribe from this thread" after the user subscribes.)

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Chris .. Just wanted to check ...

What you posted in #5 above - I guess you re-enabled it to reduce server load? Just want to make sure I'm not crazy! :p

Thanks! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.