DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Godfather
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the HR20/21 would ever support AVCHD files for streaming... I haven't seen it mentioned in the CE forums or release notes, so I thought I might bring it up here.

AVCHD files have an extenstion of .MTS or .M2TS...in my case, all of them are .MTS

(And I have an HP MediaSmart Server with WHS, if that helps...)

Thank you so much!
Michael

· Cutting Edge: ECHELON '09
2,390 Posts
michaelyork29 said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if the HR20/21 would ever support AVCHD files for streaming... I haven't seen it mentioned in the CE forums or release notes, so I thought I might bring it up here.

AVCHD files have an extenstion of .MTS or .M2TS...in my case, all of them are .MTS

(And I have an HP MediaSmart Server with WHS, if that helps...)

Thank you so much!
Michael
Thats a hard call - M2TS (BluRay MPEG2 transport stream) uses 192 byte packets - whereas a normal ts are 188 byte. So if using a h/w based decoder - my gut would say no. The video itself is simple enough - just raw AVC (although again the H/W is limited to a profile 4.1 level - and I think I have read that camcorders are typically 5.1). But I don't know if anyone knows what kind of software capabilities can be implemented ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.