DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was placed on the waiting list last week. Does anyone know what the average wait time is? They comped 4 months of the HD package. I didn't even ask or act upset. I think I have only had to pay for the HD service 1 month out of the last year.

· Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
brott said:
Sorry, I can't help with your question, but is your avatar for real? That's a lot of dishes.
Its not my house, I just have one giant dish (5LNB)

· AllStar
67 Posts
I put myself on their waitlist 2 months ago. Never got a call.

Went to Circuit City and bought one and installed it immediately (4 weeks ago). To me this was a MUCH faster resolution.

Last I checked both CC and BB had them available online. I'm not sure what benefit, if any, you get by purchasing directly through DTV.

I still got many credits for purchasing and the free dish/ install.

· Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are not charging me for it, so unless I can get it free from the Big Box stores then no dice.

· Legend
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI- Call it in. I just found out that when I registered online it didn't even go through!! I had the CSR do it for me.

G

·
Ryanm86 said:
FYI- Call it in. I just found out that when I registered online it didn't even go through!! I had the CSR do it for me.
At least they could tell you it didn't go through. I registered online, but when I called in to inquire, they couldn't tell me if I was on the list or not. They suggested calling the HR20 waitlist "hotline", which got me to an automated system that only gave me the option of being put on the list.

I ordered one from Best Buy's website Sunday night and it is out for delivery today.

· Legend
228 Posts
I was on list for something like two or three days - after which I received a call from an automated system telling me to call D* for further processing. Did so, and after scheduling an appointment, am now the happy owner of two Hr20s.

Moral of the story - If you haven't heard anything after a week, call them!

· Cool Member
10 Posts
I was on the waitlist 2 months, never got a call. Got tired of reading all of you getting them and me not, so I called. They set an install date and told me I was all set with my free HR20. I looked online the next day and they had charged me $320 for it. I called, was transferred 3 times and finally got someone great at D*. She gave me her badge # and phone number to her department in case I ever have to call in again. I was honestly seconds away from dropping D*.

2 Posts
I was on the list for about 4-5 days and wondered what would happen if I just called and told them that I got a message saying to call and setup the install even though I hadn't. Had it installed next morning.

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
266 Posts
cin0s3 said:
I was on the list for about 4-5 days and wondered what would happen if I just called and told them that I got a message saying to call and setup the install even though I hadn't. Had it installed next morning.
Ditto, My installer confirmed me for Saturday.....

· DBSTalk Club Member
72 Posts
I called on Tuesday morning for an HR20 to replace my faulty one. I'm pretty sure it's refurbished, but I received it today - manufacture date of 11/15/06.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.