DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have discovered a new and bizarre anomaly with my HR20 replacement receiver I received yesterday.

For some reason whenever I use the BBC on the Satellite In 1 connection the signal meters all show that Tuner 1 can not get a signal on either the 99 or 103 sats. If I remove the BBC all is fine.

Additionally I was getting the "Searching for satellite on Tuner 1" messages quite a bit, an removal of the BBC solved that.

An interesting note is that the BBC is not compatible with an FTM enabled device. The HR20 has all along stated that FTM is something it "should" support, and Tuner 1 is labelled as supporting FTM (at least on the back panel). Is it possible that somehow this was accidentally turned on either with a later build of receiver (10/1 vs. 8/31) or later rev of software??

For now I'm ditching the BBC. Has no impact on my current system so I will not worry about it.

· Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
When I read the title for this thread I thought the OP was going to be talking about channel 264 BBC america. :)

· Icon
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
litzdog911 said:
There have been some reports of defective B-Band Converter modules.
The weird thing is that I even swapped them between Tuner 1 and Tuner 2. The problem was consistently with Tuner 1. It's the most bizarre thing I've seen to date.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Mavrick said:
When I read the title for this thread I thought the OP was going to be talking about channel 264 BBC america. :)
Me too, and I was having a hard time figuring out what could account for it!

Shows you what kind of name recognition BBC has for some of us!

· Icon
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PoitNarf said:
Was the Benny Hill theme playing in the background while you futzed around with the converters? :lol:
No but would have been appropriate. Sorry for the confusion on the title. Just used to a lot of TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) in my life I guess... :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.