Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
968 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Lets not go down that route...
Not every new user is going to know there is a Search Function, or what the "key words" are in the search.

This is going to be a very common thing as time goes on.

Look at is a chance to quickly build your post count... :D
And help a user with a really quick response.
sorry... but this really jumped out at me because before buying an HR20 i followed this forum a good deal, after maybe 3-4 weeks i jumped on board and picked one up at best buy... open unpacking it i found the b band converters and thought to myself "wtf is this". so i read the included instructions and it explained how to install them, but not really what they were for and what they did. so i hopped on DBSTalk and searched for "band converter" on this forum and was immediately taken to the answer i was looking for.

i don't buy the "not everyone is going to know how to seach" bit.... anyone who can find a message board, sign up for an account and create a new thread is perfectly capable of using the search function. what it comes down to is people wanting to be spoon fed the answers and quite honestly, this forum doesn't do anything to curtail it. i've been a member of many many forums ranging from computers, isp boards, voip service, cell phones, sat equipment, av equipment, cars or just a community board... and i've never seen a more repetitive board. on the positive side, either it has gotten better over the past few weeks or my work load has increase enough to keep me away from the boards.

with that being said... kudos to earl and everyone else that answers these type of questions with a smile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.